Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2004, 12:30 PM
craig_323f
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance

im 21 y/o & thinking to buy a impreza wrx soon. got o ncb. can i build up my ncb by buying 3rd party? as insurance is pretty steep for someone without ncb!
Old 05 July 2004, 12:52 PM
mgg
Scooby Regular

You wont get insured on an Impreza 3rd party.
Because of your age and the fact you have no, no-claims bonus be prepared to pay a serious stupid premium.

Time for you to knock off your local bank or start buying alot of lottery tickets.
Old 05 July 2004, 01:19 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

to be honest mate, I would have thought that you would be looking at about £2000 + insurance at least.

good luck, hope your on friendly terms with the bank manager
Old 05 July 2004, 02:22 PM
craig_323f
Scooby Newbie

£2000+ ????????!!!!!!!
or get it insured under my dads name(this is what some people do here as i reading some old posts) & buy myself a cheap micra 1.0 insured under my name & use the micra as a daily runaround & only use the impreza sometimes??? that way i can build up my ncb. what do you think.
Old 05 July 2004, 02:36 PM
IGDU
Scooby Newbie

im 22, due to mid policy cancellations (stupid very stupid) only got 3 years ncb, have slowly improved cars over years nova sr (yeah mock me if you like) BMW 318is now a Uk classic Impreza. On average ive paid £1500 per year to insure my motors, increased ncb offsetting the improved car. To be honest by the time you have paid £300 quid for a ****ter, insured it for about £600, and it will cost that for a 21 year old with 0ncb, taxed and tested it, you may as well spent the grand on insurance. To be honest, a wrx is a stupid idea, you will be lucky to get a quote, let alone one on the right side of 2.5k. Buy yourself a zetec-s fiesta and build up some ncb, get a scooby when your 25.
Old 05 July 2004, 03:22 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by craig_323f
£2000+ ????????!!!!!!!
or get it insured under my dads name(this is what some people do here as i reading some old posts) & buy myself a cheap micra 1.0 insured under my name & use the micra as a daily runaround & only use the impreza sometimes??? that way i can build up my ncb. what do you think.
Not sure how the insurance company would approach that, dont forget its not a given that they will cover you on the impreza third party if you are fully comp on your micra. They have clauses all over the shop, and for instance, if you drove the impreza all day long and left the micra to collect dust forever then that would be insurance fraud. Be careful whichever you do.

If you are worried about the cost of insurance I would advise that you did not buy the car. Insurance is only one cost involved with these cars, 2 services a year, decent tires, tracker and subscription, petrol (I kid you not), this is just the tip of the iceberg, these cars are not cheap to run.

A Japenese import is definately not the way to go for insurance purposes, as they cost a shed load more than a uk car.

Its pretty much impossible to get insured on an impreza under 25 now anyway, you may not find anyone willing to insure you even for stupid amounts of cash.

Good luck...
Old 05 July 2004, 06:57 PM
WR1 Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
Not sure how the insurance company would approach that, dont forget its not a given that they will cover you on the impreza third party if you are fully comp on your micra. They have clauses all over the shop, and for instance, if you drove the impreza all day long and left the micra to collect dust forever then that would be insurance fraud. Be careful whichever you do.
Hmm. Are you sure? I mean, I don't know if it would make economic sense to do that way (for example, Craig's dad wouldn't be able to use any of HIS NCB on the policy), but on the other hand I don't know if it would actually be illegal...?

I have someone as a named driver on my policy, and there is no indication that there is any sort of time limit on how often they can drive my car. It's the only one I have insured under my name, but I don't think that would make any difference...?

Trending Topics

Old 05 July 2004, 07:36 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

one of the questions asked will be how many cars in the household, that will give them an indication as to whats gonna happen. Be aware is all im saying