Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct Line or Tescos?

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2004, 12:54 AM
WR1 Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Line or Tescos?

Hi,

I've been shopping around for insurance and the best price has been quoted by the two above. It seems like they use the same underwriter (or whatever) as the online forms were pretty much identical and so were the quotes.

They were quite a bit cheaper than the others I tried, so I was wondering if anyone here has experience of either of them and can make a recommendation? I recall reading some not so favourable comments about Tescos on here before - what is the general feeling?

Thanks Guys.
Old 24 June 2004, 07:42 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Wannabe
Hi,

I've been shopping around for insurance and the best price has been quoted by the two above. It seems like they use the same underwriter (or whatever) as the online forms were pretty much identical and so were the quotes.

They were quite a bit cheaper than the others I tried, so I was wondering if anyone here has experience of either of them and can make a recommendation? I recall reading some not so favourable comments about Tescos on here before - what is the general feeling?

Thanks Guys.
I've just had a terrible expierence with direct line, but i'm sure someone else will come along and say they were great for them! I'm not sure but check the x's on the tesco insurance as i'm sure it is cheaper than DL if the car is stolen.
Old 24 June 2004, 07:45 AM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austen_wrx
I've just had a terrible expierence with direct line, but i'm sure someone else will come along and say they were great for them! I'm not sure but check the x's on the tesco insurance as i'm sure it is cheaper than DL if the car is stolen.
They are both the same company, directline underwrites tesco's
Old 24 June 2004, 10:14 AM
WR1 Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andypugh2000
They are both the same company, directline underwrites tesco's
I had guessed as much. The thing is, they have different front offices, attitudes, etc.

I was wondering if people could comment on what the companies were like to deal with?
Old 24 June 2004, 11:11 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Wannabe
I had guessed as much. The thing is, they have different front offices, attitudes, etc.

I was wondering if people could comment on what the companies were like to deal with?
Direct line are very unhelpful when it come to claim time!!!
Old 24 June 2004, 02:42 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Cool Try Liverpool Victoria

Just insured my WR1 with Liverpool Victoria. Vastly cheaper than either Direct line or Tesco.
Elephant had the best quote for me but listed the car as 5 door. When I rang up to check the quote increased by £150

Good luck.
Blobster

PS. Norwich union did not quote me happy. Twice as expensive.
Quoted me bl00dy annoyed. Bar stewards.