Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do I stand with Tesco?

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2004, 08:49 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Where do I stand with Tesco?

Hi guys

Having a bit of a mare with Tesco at the moment. Had my renewal through for £980. I called and arranged to change three things on my policy.
1) Include my girlfriend Additional cost £18.90
2) Remove my NCD protection take off £139.65
3) Add backbox additional cost unknown

So the guy tells me my excess is £250 for me and £500 for GF. Total price now £980.70. I went ahead and renewed paying by credit card.

Got my certificate and schedule through today. Two things wrong

1) No temporary car (Was included in renewal above)
2) Excess is now £350 and £600 for the missus

I was NOT told about the above two things at the time of renewal.
Just spoke to Tesco and they are going to check the telephone calls tomorrow and call me back.
Just wondered what your thoughts were and where do I stand.
Insurance is not due till the 8th so I can still cancel.
Old 04 June 2004, 09:38 AM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Thay do make mistakes, and if they are wrong then your schedule and policy will be re-issued with the correct details.
Old 04 June 2004, 10:37 AM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Ive spoke to them and they say its not a mistake but the point is I was never told of the xs increase and that they had removed the temporary car replacement without me requesting it.
Old 04 June 2004, 10:51 AM
mgg
Scooby Regular

Cancel your insurance. get your money back and take it out with someone else. You will get it the same price with another insurance company if not cheaper.
Get Tesco to send you proof of your no claims on paper, so that you can show other insurance companies if they ask for it.

You might be best off phoning an insurance broker, Hill House Hammond are pretty good, call them and tell them the best quote you have had and they will prob be able to better it, even if its just by a few quid.

If Tesco have screwed you now before your policy has started, who knows what could happen in the unfortunate event you had a bump etc etc.

Ive had problems in the past with tesco, i had a fiesta zetec s and the alarm is CAT 2, Tesco didnt believe me, they only agreed with me once i had managed to get my local ford dealer to issue me a letter stating what alarm the car has.

Tesco are only good for food shopping, not finance and insurance etc.
Old 05 June 2004, 11:21 AM
micared
Scooby Regular

The staff Tescos use to man the insurance phonelines are hopeless....had aggro with them telling me one thing, then doing another, 2 years in a row....gone with L&V now, half the premium, no poxy tracker required, so far, no grief.
Old 05 June 2004, 12:07 PM
Pete The Biker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mgg
Hill House Hammond are pretty good
Hill House Hamond aren't writing new business any more - their website just takes you straight through to Norwich Union now..............

Pete The Biker
Old 05 June 2004, 12:21 PM
Pigfrog
Scooby Regular

Try www.elephant.co.uk they were £540 cheaper than tescos for me and according to other people were cheaper for them as long as the car is not heavily modded. I'd heard horror stories about them paying out in the event of the worst happening but my brother just wrote off his 106 gti and they paid him out the full amount he had insured it for minus the excess within 10 days, no hassle.

Trending Topics

Old 05 June 2004, 12:24 PM
my94
Scooby Regular

Just renewed with Tesco with change of details as well.......no probs.(slightly cheeper than I though it would be also)
Their OK,I think it's just luck of the draw(ie.if u get a muppet on the phone or someone who's worked there long enough to know what their doing)
Old 05 June 2004, 12:47 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pigfrog
Try www.elephant.co.uk they were £540 cheaper than tescos for me and according to other people were cheaper for them as long as the car is not heavily modded. I'd heard horror stories about them paying out in the event of the worst happening but my brother just wrote off his 106 gti and they paid him out the full amount he had insured it for minus the excess within 10 days, no hassle.
Oh yeh... that was too funny...

Just renewed with Tesco... £1200...

Elephant... with my one and only conviction SP50, speeding on M-way, convicted Jan 00 no points but 3 month ban...

Get this... £2340 WTF is all that about...

And it doesn't even cover business milage!

Muppets... its about time the insurance industry was regulated instead of them charging whatever they want...
The law says you must be insured and then doesn't regulate the industry it forces you to buy it from...

Frkin sick.
Old 05 June 2004, 06:25 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by Pete The Biker
Hill House Hamond aren't writing new business any more - their website just takes you straight through to Norwich Union now..............

Pete The Biker

Hill house hammonds offices will all be closed by the end of the year, customers policies will be transferred to their owners, Norwich Union.

simb
Old 05 June 2004, 06:31 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

So the guy tells me my excess is £250 for me and £500 for GF. Total price now £980.70. I went ahead and renewed paying by credit card.

Got my certificate and schedule through today. Two things wrong

1) No temporary car (Was included in renewal above)
2) Excess is now £350 and £600 for the missus

I was NOT told about the above two things at the time of renewal.
Just spoke to Tesco and they are going to check the telephone calls tomorrow and call me back.

If this is what is recorded on their telephone system, then they have to stand by it.

simb
Old 07 June 2004, 12:20 AM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

A tesco team leader spoke to me Saturday to try and sort it out. They have not listended to the tape yet and they were having techinical problems at the moment. She is giving me a call later today so hopefully it will be sorted. I will let you know.

By the way tesco are still by far the cheapest closest was Privelege at £979 but would not let my GF on the policy. Elephant want £1500!
Old 07 June 2004, 09:51 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

TBH you'll have to wait until they listen to the tape but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I deal with NU as an IFA and have asked to trace a recorded conversation but they came up with some excuse that the person I spoke to hadn't logged the call so they couldn't find it - sent them a bill for £250 for wasting my time
Old 07 June 2004, 07:58 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tesco Team leader called to day and agreed that I was right so have given temporary car free and lowered the excess to £250. RESULT!
Old 08 June 2004, 12:40 AM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear you got it sorted

simb