Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2004, 03:14 PM
Johnny Thunders
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post help!

lo all,
im new to the forum so go easy..
ok im buying an impreza sti circa 97, i have 8k sat waiting, but i am reluctant to buy until i can sort the sodding insurance out.
Firstly a friend of the family is a motorcycle importer (jap) and he reckons to be able to save me 2k on the car to begin with (hmm) however i am really struggling to get a halfway decent quote for a uk spec car let alone an import.
the lowest quote i have is 1300 for a uk 96 wrx sti, thats with no tracker a cat 1 immob on a ribble valley postcode (nice area), im 29, have no convictions/points but i have zero no claims bonus.. although ive driven for over 10 years// without claim.. when i tried a quote on an imported version of the same car.. i was quoted over 3k ridiculous...! any help would be appreciated.
Old 25 May 2004, 05:23 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

to give you an idea of cost, im 24 drive a uk turbo, no mods, i pay £1000 fully comp with protected no claims through tescos.

has to have tracker with them mind you.

im gonna make a big assumption, as you have no no-claims but have driven for ten years - i presume thats through work, can you get work to give you something written on headed paper saying that you have driven for them for 10 years etc without claim. A lot of insurance companies will credit you with no-claims discount because of this.

good luck
Old 25 May 2004, 07:17 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Your lack of No claims discount here is what's causing you problems, You may have to bite the bullet. Still shop around and Tesco's would be a good start.

simb
Old 25 May 2004, 07:18 PM
Johnny Thunders
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
to give you an idea of cost, im 24 drive a uk turbo, no mods, i pay £1000 fully comp with protected no claims through tescos.

has to have tracker with them mind you.

im gonna make a big assumption, as you have no no-claims but have driven for ten years - i presume thats through work, can you get work to give you something written on headed paper saying that you have driven for them for 10 years etc without claim. A lot of insurance companies will credit you with no-claims discount because of this.

good luck
no not quite.. i have been a named driver for a few years on and off aswell as having various insurance policies (all claim free) on different vehicles..

can i ask you a couple more questions..?
do tesco do online quotes and how much is a tracker fitted?? also do you can you answer the import/uk spec query?
thanks
JT
Old 25 May 2004, 08:48 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

its going to be much cheaper to insure a uk car as aposed to a japanese import. there will be a hell of a difference in costs.

yes tescos do online quoting, www.tesco.com look through the finance section i think, only takes a few minutes.

there are varying degrees of trackers you can purchase, make sure you buy one that the insurance companies recommend.

I have a tracker monitor, cost me £350 for the tracker including fitting then you have the option of either paying a one off hit of £300 subscription or you can pay £100 per year.

did i miss anything ?
Old 25 May 2004, 10:49 PM
Johnny Thunders
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

thankyou fitz.
Old 26 May 2004, 08:46 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

no worries mate, anything else i can help with i shall try :P good luck on the insurance quotes.

to be fair, for me being under 25 seriously limits who will even insure me. I ony found one company that would, being tescos. try them, they seem to be pretty good for me.