Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STI PPP and FQ 300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2004, 09:11 PM
nigsy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI PPP and FQ 300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do insurance companies think that you can't buy PPP off the shelf from Subaru but they all quote and have heard of FQ 300?!!!

I had a conversation with an insurance company today who were quite happy until I said it hadn't been fitted yet.........then the shutters went up. Anyone know why?
Old 03 March 2004, 09:31 PM
Mr Scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most insurers don't have a clue what PPP is. I spoke to NU direct and Tescos for a quote a few days ago. When I mentioned PPP their questions were "is it a valve?", "what does it look like?"

The trouble is that the call centre staff have no idea what they are talking about so if their PC does not recognise an entry they are lost. When I told one insurer what my personalised number plate is they said "are yes that is a 1957 Renault 19 16v" !!! more worryingly they didn't spot the fact that this was quite unlikely until I pointed it out.