Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance for 19 yr old on wrx sti Type R

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2004, 02:37 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance for 19 yr old on wrx sti Type R

I think Its going to be a killer
Whats would be the best insurance quote for me to get a car of this speck?
I know would have to get finance, but I really want one!

I await the flames
Old 21 February 2004, 02:56 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Why are you asking us, and indeed here? The best place to be asking would seem to be either in the Insurance forum, or indeed an insurance company or two-dozen.

Your suspicion is correct. You might really want one, but do you really want to insure one? Even assuming you have a spotless record and two/three years NCD, most of the common insurers won't touch you, and the ones that will entertain the idea will charge you a punitive premium.

At end of day none of us knows your postcode and driving record, or indeed the details of the car you're trying to buy, so your only real option is to look in the Insurance forum for a list of possible suspects and start phoning. I suspect though that a dose of common sense will be a far better option in the longer run.
Old 21 February 2004, 03:18 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

Don't bother asking m8. I got a quote of circa. £3k for a classic sport, and I'm a 19yr old female driver with clean licence.
Old 21 February 2004, 03:23 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Sounds like they'd heard about you Bex.
Old 21 February 2004, 04:31 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

about 10K i reckon
Old 21 February 2004, 04:32 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

3rd party
Old 21 February 2004, 04:33 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I would think replacement value would be about right so 10-12K

Trending Topics

Old 21 February 2004, 04:33 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

probably right
im still getting 3 k quotes on mine from sumplaces lol
Old 21 February 2004, 04:38 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Mine is 1100 with 75% = 4400 for the policy with zero NCB and I will never see thirty again .
Old 21 February 2004, 04:44 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Thats just about fuking right, If the cars only worth 13 thousand and it costs 10 to cover it (I think it would be more), I might as well not insure it and If I have an accident, drive off or if the cars dead, do a fuking runner

Absolutely disgraceful A younger person will take the same wrisks than an older person, and I've seen vids of you older drivers on here driving like loons so don't deny it, and I bet your premiums are only a few grand......

If you're not allowed to get pleasure out of something you like, I just think WTF's the damn point.............

god im so ****ed off, I think Ill go and cry cuz *** alls going right today an I'm pissed off

Last edited by chaos.; 21 February 2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 21 February 2004, 04:51 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Try a few online quotes, tescos are pretty reasonable on scoobs but I suspect it wont be cheap.

Funnily I got a quote on an F355 and a 911 Turbo and they were only a bit more than the RA to insure, my RA is slightly modded though. Asked for a quote on a Diablo SV and it said please call to discuss LOL.
Old 21 February 2004, 04:52 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chaos.
Thats just about fuking right, If the cars only worth 13 thousand and it costs 10 to cover it (I think it would be more), I might as well not insure it and If I have an accident, drive off or if the cars dead, do a fuking runner

Absolutely disgraceful A younger person will take the same wrisks than an older person, and I've seen vids of you older drivers on here driving like loons so don't deny it, and I bet your premiums are only a few grand......

god im so ****ed off, I think Ill go and cry cuz *** alls going right today an I'm pissed off
lmfao

the diffrence is we have a lot more expeariance driving then you, weather or not we drive like loons has nothing to do with it in this case

the fact is that in the insurance eyes, you arnt skilled enough as a driver to handle one, and the insurance companys dont like you as a result

get a nice 1 litre nova, thats what i did
and it was wrote off 2 hours later
Old 21 February 2004, 05:11 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Insurance = Insurance Forum?
Old 21 February 2004, 05:55 PM
hybwrx2002
Scooby Regular

Just wait a bit. Best off going for a "standard" impreza. Not a jap import. Try tesco for quotes on a Turbo 2000, or wrx bugeye. I'm 20 and pay just over £2k on a 2002 bugeye wrx
Old 21 February 2004, 06:41 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Talking You'll hate me for posting this......

My wife insures our MY99 Turbo 2000 through Frizzell via the Civil Service Motoring Association with myself as spouse. Fully comp, no claims protection.

£450.00.

Told you you'd hate me.. LOL!
Old 21 February 2004, 06:48 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down Oh dear...

Driving without insurance is an offence, and by throwing your toys out of the pram and contemplating such an act, you've just given a perfect example of the reasons why insurance companies won't want anything to do with your proposal.

Absolutely disgraceful A younger person will take the same wrisks than an older person,
No, sorry, but that's plain wrong. Younger, less experienced drivers take more risks and screw up more often than older, more experienced drivers, and the insurance companies have plenty of figures to prove it. That's not to say there aren't older drivers who drive like loons occasionally, but the figures (and common sense) say that the likes of you will be far more likely to wrap your Impreza around a tree than a 40 year old with a wife and two kids.

If you're not allowed to get pleasure out of something you like, I just think WTF's the damn point.............
The point is that you're going to have to learn some patience, and maturity. If you throw a tantrum just because a thread you started on an online forum doesn't give you the answer you want, how long is your self control going to last on the road?

Incidentally, the cost of your premium won't so much reflect the replacement value of your car as the personal and third party injury/damage claims the insurer will consider likely to result from your accident. This is why you'll find that the difference between third party and comprehensive cover will be very small.

Acting like a baby at 19? It's high time you grew up, in more ways than one.

Last edited by greasemonkey; 21 February 2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old 21 February 2004, 06:55 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

pmsl, look at the car your trying to insure FFS
Old 21 February 2004, 07:00 PM
RB5_IOM
Scooby Regular

I would wait until your 21 or your going to be paying about 5k third party. Im 21 and paying £1200 with 3 yrs ncb owning an RB5, Couldn't get insured on a Jap import.
Old 21 February 2004, 07:06 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

chaos - i have waited till now (24) & i am taking delivery of my04 sti in 8days, i got my missus to insure it as it was nearly 1k difference, but for me it was a reasonable 1500k, though i did try to buy a classic 4 years ago and was getting quoted figures ov over 6k !!
buy a rs turbo till then !!

IMHO

sti-04!!
Old 22 February 2004, 12:45 AM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Mate, I'm 30 and pay nearly £1000 for my STi5-R and thats with 11 yrs no claims.....

good luck !!!
Old 23 February 2004, 06:53 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I would bother! wait a few more years.

I got quotes for an classic impreza sport for £2700, so i havent bothered!

I will probably get an impreza in a couple of years when i am 21 as i am 19 at the mo. this would be better and would be more likley to get insurance then than now!

Try liverpool and victoria! they are the cheapest around and if you know someone who is a member of the CSMA (civil service motoring association), they can get you to become a member of the CSMA for £35 approx, then you get even cheaper car insurance!

best of luck m8 your gonna need it!
Old 23 February 2004, 07:31 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chaos.
I think Its going to be a killer
Whats would be the best insurance quote for me to get a car of this speck?
I know would have to get finance, but I really want one!

I await the flames
I'd pass your test first
Old 23 February 2004, 07:35 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Lol! Turns out from another thread that he couldn't even afford the car, let alone the insurance. He'd probably end up needing finance on the finance!
Old 23 February 2004, 11:19 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greasemonkey
Lol! Turns out from another thread that he couldn't even afford the car, let alone the insurance. He'd probably end up needing finance on the finance!
This one http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8046&page=3
Old 24 February 2004, 12:09 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Jesus Christ, no, I hadn't seen that one! PMSL!

I was thinking of the one where he was asking where he could buy a car, I didn't realise he hadn't passed his test yet!
Old 24 February 2004, 12:11 AM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

LOL.........

Oh dear..........
Old 24 February 2004, 02:18 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Talking

Got mine at 18 and the best I could get was 3k
Old 24 February 2004, 09:09 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Come on, we all dream from time to time... Give him a break (and pass him his toys back, he's dropped 'em )

Chaos, seriously, forget it as a bad idea on all counts. Do not consider driving it without insurance as you're tempting fate. At best, you'll write the car off and lose the value of the car. At worst, well... If you injure someone who sues you... Can you say bankruptcy and more?

A friend who is 45 has her 18 year old son on her insurance. He's had 4 accidents in 6 months. The renewal quote? £8,800 for a three year old Corsa. The real killer? She coudln't protect her NCB with someone under 21 on the policy...

Look at more realistic cars until you're 21 at least. My first car was a rear wheel drive Vauxhall Chevette that cost 400 quid for the car, and 500 quid to insure for 6 months... Things have got *much* worse for new drivers, so you do have my sympathy.

Build up NCB, experience and driving history and then go for something a little bit more to your liking.

I reckon I'd have had a serious accident in a scoob at the age of 17-20 as I didn't have the self control or experience to deal with the car. I'm not saying that you're the same as me, but I know what I was like.
Cheers,
Nick.
Old 25 February 2004, 07:12 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

This has got to be one of the best threads I have ever read.

Thanks Chaos for the entertainment value, chuckled loads mate!!

Whos is Bex? Cardboard box? Probably true, what with the cost of running an Impreza.

Anyway, what about another option.

I reckon that you could start by buying a 93-4 WRX and run it on a track for less than the insurance costs. Possibly get it nicked or write it off loosing all yer money, but still an option for you.

At 19 I had a 1.8 Cav SRI and was paying 750 quid TPFT. I think that I would probably wrapped the Scoob at that age. back then I thought I was Nigel Mansell. Thats Nigel Mansell? Sorry, before your time mate.

Not finished yet. I'm thirty and wish I could be 19 again, even without the scoob, loads of fun in old cars.

Nearly finished now. Buy the car, I'll insure it and drive you round on the odd weekend.You have to pay the insurance though.

Finished. Still PMSL!!!
Old 25 February 2004, 07:21 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Exclamation

just turned 21 payin 2200 fully comp 0 ync bonus . on a uk spec . had to be 21 and had to have a tracker fitted.

id wait for a bit mate because alot of companies dont insure under 21s on performance motors.

remember good things come to those who wait

M444GY

Quick Reply: Insurance for 19 yr old on wrx sti Type R