Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I Make a Claim ?

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2004, 10:33 AM
Doink
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have had the worst christmas ever after crashing my pride and joy in to a tree at about 40mph the thursday before christmas day.

Luckily I have no injuries to speak of so it could have been alot worse, however back to the point.

I was travelling down the road at About 11.30pm on thursday night and I turned into a left hand bend the back end decided to race me down the road, (as i said earlier the back end won and me and the front end hit a large tree).

After getting out and looking and the wreck I noticed the road was covered in a layer of watery mud and debris. Unfortunately then i was wisked off in the ambulance,

However on returning the next day with my digital camera i found an entrance onto the main road about ten yards before that faitful corner, Its a very muddy dirt track that leads to a scrap yard that has large wagons entering and leaving all day thus leaving this stretch of very muddy road.

Now the important point, There are no signs up warning motorists of this hazard or a cleaning up process provided by this company, Can i lay some of the blame onto this company for my accident and hopefully save my premiums and if so how do i go about it,

Any advice would be welcome

Cheers
Old 06 January 2004, 11:00 AM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

To answer your penultimate question, yes.
"Depositing mud/debris on the highway is an offence under Section 148 of the Highway Act. Where the offender can be identified they can be prosecuted by either the Police or the highway authority."

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=258177
Old 06 January 2004, 11:23 AM
Doink
Scooby Regular

That's Brilliant,

I'll get onto a solicitor today

thanks alot.