Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No replacement car?????

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2004, 09:58 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Hi All

My Fiancee's car got smashed into the day before Christmas eve and was recovered to a yard by the Police Since then she has had no car Her insurance company told her that she is not entitled to a car unless hers is repairable but she hasn't had a car for a week and a half now and she is fully comp the guy who hit her is still driving his [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Can this be right or is something wrong?

Thanks

Paul
Old 02 January 2004, 02:00 PM
Huw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately it is true. Insurance co's only give out cars if yours is repairable - generally. In the past, I have 'played' down the damage so the ins co has given me a car before the inspector comes to asses it. Whe it was assesed it was a write off(I knew it would be), they said I must give the car back. I said 'fine - where's my money?' They said 'We are processing itr and it will be a few days'. I said ' not a chance! You will get your car back when I have the means to purchase a new one!' They moaned, but I was not going to be without wheels. Fortunately, the accident was not my fault, so they could see oppertunity for recovering costs.
Good luck.
Old 02 January 2004, 02:20 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

We never got that option because the Police arranged to have it recovered because she didn't have the paperwork for her breakdown cover in the car with her

I have since found out that the reason they won't give her a car is because the claim is in dispute [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Her car has all 4 corners totally unmarked because he struck the middle of her car with the rear of his in her lane and he is disputing it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Luckily I have photos of her car and his to prove the damage so they can work it out for themselves. It doesn't help that she hasn't had a car for 10 days now though and it wasn't her fault in any way

Thanks for your reply.

Paul