Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New insurance company on the block!

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2003, 09:02 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

It was time for my renewal so thought i would ring about insurances and see what stupid quotes i got this year! Im only 22 and have a fair few mods done on the car so it had to be a good figure.

Tesco came in best with their renewal which i was quite pleased about but thought i would still ask about.

Found details on this company:

GT Dragon Ltd
"Quote ERD01"

So after a few emails, a quote was sorted and im well pleased!!! It was SO much cheaper than Tesco! Had many talks with them and they are looking to beat most insurance firms especially Liverpool Vicotria (LV wont even quote me due to my age )

i told them i will pass their details onto fellow scoob owners (and other users) as im well chuffed!

Details you want are:

GT Dragon Ltd
"Quote ERD01" - (this quote is some sort of discount)
gtdragon@btinternet.com

Ive also got their fax number and number if you want it.

They said the best thing to do is for you to get a quote, email them all your usual insurance details and the quote and they will beat it. THats what i did and they saved me over £100!!!!!!!!!!

A happy bunny
Old 18 December 2003, 09:18 AM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

But what if u need to make a claim?
Can you rely on them?
I notice that their email address is a btinternet one!
Be careful...
Old 18 December 2003, 09:23 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yeah i noticed that to and thats why i wasnt to sure about going with them. But after long talks, and much better service than other insurers i went with them!

Other insurances end up waiting about weeks to give you your documents, or to reply to your emails/calls. I dont have time to wait about.

I spoke to them about claims and they said they havent had any problems before (ever insurance says that! lol).

But Tescos are the worst at claims and taking weeks/months so if GT Dragons price are cheaper, and their service is already 110% customer service, im willing to give them my hard earned money as i reckon if i had a claim, the service again will be 110%.

Old 18 December 2003, 12:28 PM
paul-newbie
Scooby Newbie

Question

Can you post up or send me the phone number been trying to get good quotes for a couple of weeks now and some have been scary (over £2000 for a 28 year old with 6yrs NCB)
Old 18 December 2003, 12:49 PM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

Me: 28yr old, 5 yrs NCB - Elephant £980
Try 'em
Old 18 December 2003, 12:50 PM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

On an STI7 BTW
Old 18 December 2003, 12:50 PM
Arthur Fowler
Scooby Regular

I'd be really careful if I were you M0NEY. They don't appear to be an ABI member, can't find anything about them being a legit company on the net. Now I'm not saying that there is anything dodgy about them, but you really need to check them out further.

Let's face it, what's to stop me spamming you some email, giving you my phone number, printing out a schedule and certificate and then keeping your money. You'd be none the wiser until you need to claim, or produce your docs for the police.

Good luck and hope its all above board.

Arthur
Old 18 December 2003, 12:58 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Second regarding quote - you cant say your quote Wideboy and expect them to match that or beat it. As you probably know with insurers - it depends on if its an import/uk, points, where you live, security, mods etc.

I'd be really careful if I were you M0NEY. They don't appear to be an ABI member, can't find anything about them being a legit company on the net. Now I'm not saying that there is anything dodgy about them, but you really need to check them out further.

Let's face it, what's to stop me spamming you some email, giving you my phone number, printing out a schedule and certificate and then keeping your money. You'd be none the wiser until you need to claim, or produce your docs for the police.

Good luck and hope its all above board.

Arthur
Thanks Arthur. I take it all insurance need to be an ABI member? I just spoke to them before i read this post and they are actually a broker. So if there was any problems and you made a claim - then you deal with the actual insurance company that has underwritten it and not the Brokers. Would they still need to be an ABI member is they were a broker? Wouldnt i get the insurance from the actual underwriter and not them? Therefore they cant take my money and jsut give me a fake document cause my insurance policy will be from the actual underwrite which i can also check my policy number with?

Obviously im not going to ask them all this as to me an insurance firm is an insurance firm. All i know is a friend gave me their number and email address and gave me the quote number. I contacted them and they gave me a good quote. My friend is also insured with them and has no problems

Im still happy i got a good quote! lol

[Edited by M0NEY - 12/18/2003 3:58:52 PM]
Old 18 December 2003, 01:15 PM
Arthur Fowler
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

That's cool. I hadn't appreciated that they are a broker rather than the actual insurer.

When you find out who you are insured with, please post it back here. Brokers have very low commission rates, so perhaps your insurance company (as well as your broker) will be one that many of us could get quotes from (especially if they have an online quote facility giving a bit more of a discount!).

Cheers
Arf
Old 18 December 2003, 01:18 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

That's cool. I hadn't appreciated that they are a broker rather than the actual insurer.

When you find out who you are insured with, please post it back here. Brokers have very low commission rates, so perhaps your insurance company (as well as your broker) will be one that many of us could get quotes from (especially if they have an online quote facility giving a bit more of a discount!).

Cheers
Arf
No worries, it was my fault saying they were an insurer! Didnt realise they were brokers - just loved my quote

I think they said the actual insurer was Norwich union for me. But i tried Norwich union and they were quite expensive so by going through the broker, i saved a fortune
Old 18 December 2003, 08:14 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Money, is your motor an import btw?? hope you mentioned your oil breather pipe mod too
Old 19 December 2003, 08:29 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

lol at Andy

Yeah its an import mate
Old 20 December 2003, 10:44 AM
forest172
Scooby Regular

Tesco`s where very good at sorting out my claim. Written off STI8 had a brand new one within 4wks. They couldn`t have done anymore!!!!!!!!