Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can i get insured on a Scoob?

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2003, 04:08 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im, 19 and am looking to buy an impreza. i can afford to buy the car no problems but what you may have realised already is that the inurance companies will laugh at me when i ask for a quote on one in my own name. is there any way round this? eg. could i buy a cheap runabout, insure that on my own name and buy the impreza and insure that on my dads for considerably less then drive the scoob third party , obviously not insured on any damage i might do to the scoob but im pretty conservative driver anyway so im willing to take that risk? is that an option or will they insist on me being over 25 etc etc . if anyone knows a way i could drive an impeza without being a millionairre i would be really grateful cheers...
Old 19 November 2003, 05:42 PM
Gump
Scooby Regular

You have three options really if you dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for your insurance,one dont insure it ,get it ,have fun ,take a risk in not getting caught or having an accident,after all you only live once - not recommended
2nd dont buy a scoob,get something else for first couple of years,get a bit older and with a few more years no claims discount - boring,but sensible
or 3rdly get your dad(parent) to insure himself as the named driver adding you too it,and pay his other car insurance for his other car as a kinda sweetner

The only thing about the third option is that he is probaly supposed to be the registered owner and if you crash itll go against him for future insurance and he ll probably cast it up for ever

[Edited by Gump - 11/19/2003 5:46:57 PM]
Old 19 November 2003, 05:46 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Find a friendly bank manager coz at 19 ur gonna need it.Other alternative is get a 1.6 or sport for a few years then upgrade
at least that way ull still be driving an impreza.Not insuring it is a diabolical idea sheer ignorance.Good luck whatever you decide
Old 19 November 2003, 07:58 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Try some of these clicky.

simb
Old 19 November 2003, 09:51 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

cheers guys.. i sort of knew what the answers would be but thanks anyways. its a good point about building up the no claims but im just too impatient! if push came to shove i could afford to insure it but i just dont want to pay more than the value of the car, but thats 19 year olds and imprezas for you!!