Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tesco - is your car covered for theft ????

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2003, 08:06 AM
Lang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I have been insured with Tesco since October last year, who were the cheapest at the time, however i have experienced a few problems which i feel i should share.

(rant mode on)
During the original quote i was asked about security devices, i infoformed them of the Toad alarm/imb which was installed prior to my ownership and i didn't inform them of a tracker which i didn't have !

Anyway, in april i added the girlfriend to the insurance, when i recieved the amended insurance schedule it stated that they were still awaiting proof of installation of the traking device, and my car was not covered for theft or attempted theft.

I looked back through the insurance schedule and noticed that a tracking device was required, but i was not told about this at quote stage. I swallowed my pride after a few heated phone calls and got a tracker fitted and duly sent them a copy of the installation certificate with a letter of complaint.

Tesco responded to the letter a few days later.

Skip a few months,

I have just moved house and phoned them to notify them of a change of address and once again i recieve a letter saying they haven't recieved proof of installation of the tracker, and the car has not been covered for theft and the policy is up for renewal in a months time. So i shall be sending it to them once again.

(rant mode off)

I guess it would be an idea to chck with your insurer (especially if it's with Tesco) and make sure they have recieved all relevant paperwork.

Anyone else had a similar experience,

Sean
Old 04 September 2003, 09:01 AM
richrussell
Scooby Regular

Yes - exactly the same. Moved house, and they wrote to say 'we don't have a certificate for your tracker'.

Phoned them up, and said, 'you didn't ask for a tracker' -and they said, 'you're quite right, you don't need one. Sorry for sending that letter out in error'.

Got them to send a letter saying I didn't need a tracker, in case there were any problems later, and they did.

Problem solved.

Rich
Old 04 September 2003, 09:35 AM
roc
Scooby Regular

I've got a better one - Direct Line lost my certificate of installation for my tracker............. (luckily Trackstar can issue you another one. It was free to do that but Direct Line also offered to cover any costs to be fair to them))

Also I had an import which was initially insured on the chassis number and I had to write to them about 3 times to get them to update the reg no.

I don't think they spent my £850 on improving their processes.....
Old 04 September 2003, 12:16 PM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

They asked me for proof of a tracker when they sent the orgional documents through.

P.S I am with Tesco's too
Old 11 September 2003, 04:04 PM
Dougy Giro
Scooby Regular

I'm with Tesco's too.
They DID tell me i needed a tracker and a Cat 2 immob.
I had these fitted - and sent off the original certificates.
A couple of weeks later the certificates were returned to me.

A year later on renewal they said i'm not insured for theft because they have not recieved my certificate for my imob !!
Strange - when they had it for my tracker !!!
So i sent it off again !!

A couple of months latter a changed address and guess what ???

Yes - they said i wasnt covered for theft coz i had not given them my certificate !!!

I Went mad - they said "well just fax it to us then!"
So i did. Its due for renewal soon.

Mmmmmm - I wonder whats gonna happen then ????!!!!
Old 12 September 2003, 04:45 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Ive just transfered my policy with Tesco from a focus to a MY03 WRX they told me as It was a new model I didnt need a Tracker. Getting one anyway. My girlfriend was on my focus and also is on the scoob all for an extra £380.00 Bargain. Mind you Im not letting her drive it!