Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Implication of personal injury claim

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2003, 03:02 PM
gary_o
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the implications of my insurance company paying a personal injury claim to a third party, because of an accident where I was at fault? Where will this judgement be recorded, and can it affect anything outside of the insurance industry?

Given that in most cases making this kind of payout is a commercial decision - i.e. assesing the likely outcome of going to court - and has no basis in law or real proven evidence, am I right in thinking that this will be recorded as an 'at fault' claim against me, and have no other effects on my life?

I'm wondering about the implications of a pen pusher in my insurance company deciding that I have been 'negligent' - can I still get a mortgage / house insurance / vasectomy-reversal / etc?

Gary.
Old 30 August 2003, 03:15 PM
amaclean
Scooby Regular

Hi there

Just because your insurance company has decided you are to blame for an accident and paid out for an injury claim should have no adverse effects on your chances of obtaining a mortgage vasectomy reversal or similar.what you might have heard about is that if legal proceedings were issued against you and a judgment obtained against you because the injury claim was not paid by your insurance company did not respond by paying out for the claim then your credit rating might be downgraded,however provided you have reported the accident and your insurance company have produced their cheque book to settle the claim you should not have anything to worry about apart from a possible increase in your insurance premium.trust you realize that a vasectomy reversal might mean you have to pay for the upkeep of the screaming brats for around 20 years! if you still need further info or reassurance let me know.
Old 01 September 2003, 09:41 AM
gary_o
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the reassurance. I don't quite follow your explanation - it seems that your saying the only way it could affect anything outside of my premiums is if the dispute goes to court, there is a judgement against me, and then my insurance company decides not to honour what is in their contract with me?

Cheers,

Gary.
Old 01 September 2003, 07:03 PM
amaclean
Scooby Regular

Rest assured - you would only get a judgment against you if your insurance company cocked up big time and failed to pay the amount needed to settle the judgment.you would then be able to kick *** with the insurance company and there is a procedure for getting the judgment removed from the court records so should be no worries ie only your premium should be affected,

hope this puts you at ease.
Old 01 September 2003, 07:05 PM
amaclean
Scooby Regular

Rest assured - you would only get a judgment against you if your insurance company cocked up big time and failed to pay the amount needed to settle the judgment.you would then be able to kick *** with the insurance company and there is a procedure for getting the judgment removed from the court records so should be no worries ie only your premium should be affected,

hope this puts you at ease.