Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance nightmare - somebody heeelp!

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2003, 04:01 PM
Martin J Stirling
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I have an Evo VI and am living in Spain at the moment indefinitely. I am insured with a UK company and have a policy with a permanent green card, ie I don't have to inform my insurance company if I drive abroad.

Now here's the tricky bit. I am supposed to let the company know if I am abroad for more than 30 days at a time, but if I were to have an accident whilst out here, would they expect proof of my outgoing journey or not?

I have tried to get insurance out here, but the fact that I am relatively young to have a high performance car in Spanish standards (29), plus that it is on UK plates and that I am not a resident, means that finding insurance is totally impossible.

So basically, can I get away with my UK policy out here? Would I be able to say that I was just on holiday if I had to claim, and would they expect proof of the outgoing journey?

Many thanks,

Martin.

Old 10 June 2003, 07:08 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi martin, the permanent Green card is only valid if it is 30 days at a time, after that your cover will revert to third party only. So if somthing does happen out there and they find out you are resident out there they are likley to void any claim. Bare in mind you have an expensive car and if something does not add up they will investigate.
The best thing to do is to re-register the car out there, obtaining spanish plates, which will enable you to insure your vehicle out there.

simb