Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2003, 04:11 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new project car is a grey import that will have a 50% increase in power over standard, the main bulk of mods is Filter, Exhaust, ECU, turbo etc. When I speak with insurance companies although they accept the mods they just laugh at the 50 % increase. Does anyone know of a company that will insurance this type of increase at a reasonable level.

Thanks

David
Old 13 May 2003, 04:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

No wonder they are laughing as its going to be off the road more than it is on the road!
Even with 50% increase in power, the engine would need rebuilding to handle that sort of boost it is going to be subjected to and alot of other bits like brakes/handling etc would need to be looked at (like i hope you have 10+k spare somewhere ).
Also you havnt said what age you are (a nice killer in the insurance industry) but you would have to find a speciallist who deals just with modified cars and not a mainstream insurance co (also your post code may go against you when trying to get the insurance).

Tony
Old 13 May 2003, 06:45 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Maybe Schofields.
Old 13 May 2003, 09:22 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Hi again,

Just to add some more info the car in question is a 659cc Daihatsu Avanzato Cuore TRXX R4 producing a whopping 64 BHP. I'm only adding 36 BHP which equates to 50 % !!! As for on/off road the engine is capable of 140 BHP (2 bar) without any internal mods before bits start breaking. The 64BHP was a Jap Kei car regulation. Stage 2 will be 120 BHP and when combined with 4wd 195 BHP ton and an ultra short gear box it should make an interesting ride.

I'm 30 with max no claims in a fairly good postcode. Since writing originally Tesco's have come back with a pretty good quote. Half what my old RB5 WR was

I have met a chap in Aus who is running a 713 CC version on 3 Bar !!!

Thanks

Do you have a number for Scholfields
Old 14 May 2003, 08:44 AM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
0870 770 6220