Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2003, 07:23 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Got my insurance online last year from RAC.
When asked for my reg number I entered it and the computer automatically chose which car it was Impreza Turbo 2000, all good i thought but.... just been online again to see what kind of price I will be paying next time round and I noticed that Series McRAE was listed as a seperate car, (Series McRAe is what I have) so I checked how much it would be listing it under a series Mcrae and it came up over 2k!!! i`m only paying £800?!!?
Would this be my fault if I had a claim I in the end only entered my reg number the computer did the rest.
What do I do next time round? are Series Mcrae`s that much more to insure???
Unhappy
Doc
Old 12 May 2003, 08:19 AM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAC and Axa are the same company. I selected my old car 306 GTI-6 on screen as it had a personal plate. Got a print out clearly showing GTI-6 @ x amount, when the policy came through my car was suddenly a convertible, when I rang them to say you got it wrong, they wouldn't budge from saying I must have entered the wrong model and they wanted an extra £200ish or I wouldn't have any cover at all!!! I told them where to stick it and bought elsewhere.

In my opinion they wouldn't pay out on a claim as they will find any excuse not to!

Andy.
Old 12 May 2003, 07:07 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always be careful when setting up Insurance over the Internet, once you have excepted they send out what is call a statement of fact, if any of these details are incorrect you have to tell them as it may effect the premium. Look on the brightside you got through 1 year at a cheap premium.

Try some of these if your shopping around:

clicky

simb