Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question - Insurance in whose name?

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2003, 03:30 PM
johnr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

OK, here is the scenario:

We have a happily cohabiting couple, Bob and Sue, who are buying a car. The car will be bought by Bob because he is the one who has the substantial discount off the list price, as a result he will be down as the owner. The main driver of the car will be Sue because she drops Bob at the station in the morning before carrying on to where she works.

Now I think that the insurance should be in Sue's name with Bob as additional driver but Sue thinks that it should be in Bob's name as he is technically the owner of the car. So, who is right?

The reason this may be key is that Sue has been driving for 10 years and has a substantial NCB whereas Bob has been driving for less than 1 year and has no NCB.

Cheers,

John

(Please note, names have been changed to protect the guilty. And no, I'm not Bob!)
Old 14 February 2003, 06:41 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be insured in Bob's name as his name will be on the VRD, if
its insured in Sue's name and it comes to a claim, and the ins co want to see site of the VRD, they will want to know why it is not
in the name of the insured. Depending on the company will depend on
the outcome if this situation took place.

Hope this of some help

simb

P.S. if sue and bob were to be married it would not make a difference, but i think this would be a little extreme.