Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your experiences of Elephant & Bell Direct?

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2002, 12:12 PM
ScoobyCharlotte
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, has anyone got experience of what they're like, as I've they've given me the cheapest quotes so far and wondered if they're any good?
any comments gratefully received
thanks
Old 17 December 2002, 12:47 PM
IainCam
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Only dealt with BD myself and they were *very* good at sorting out a claim.

Called them and explained the problem (hit and run on my car) and within 30mins the garage had called to arrange a viewing of the car and schedule the repair time. Sorted out the courtesy car no problems too (3cyl Corsa ).

As far as I was concerned they did everything 100% and the only downside was the next year they were £300 dearer than I could get elsewhere. I even said to them that if they got within £150 of the other quote that I'd stay with them but they wouldn't budge.

Liverpool Victoria were the cheapest place for me this year though and I'm looking to get the second car insured with them later next year too if they are as good for it as they were for the Scoob

Only thing I heard with Elephant was that sometimes it's not as easy to get "away" from them after/if you change the next year. Not my experience though, just a couple of mates at work that had problems.
Old 17 December 2002, 01:11 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Very good claims service from Elephant - see my post
Old 18 December 2002, 03:23 PM
moomin
Scooby Regular

Angry

If I were you I wouldn't touch Bell Direct with a stolen barge pole

I've been with them for three years and the one time I needed there help after a non fault accident (I was stationary at a red light when hit) they couldn't give a stuff. FOUR months later I got my car back. The only reason I got it this quickly is because I called EVERY day for an update. Anyone who answers the phone will say anything to get you off the line and will not commit to anything. I eventually managed to speak to the Customer Service Director which I honestly believe is the only reason I have my car back. I must say it was very satisfying having a director admit that the company had been completely at fault throughout the entire process. The only delay that was necessary was the 10 days it took to get the parts from Japan.

Did I mention that I was refused a courtesy car or the fact that I received chasing letters from the claims department asking for the receipt of the repair work (which had not even been started!) every couple of days. I can go on , but I won’t

Bearing in mind that this is a company with whom I have spent thousands of pounds with over the last few years would you be happy with that sort of service? Is it really worth the risk?

You have been warned!!!

Edited to remove libelous comment.

[Edited by scoobychick - 12/18/2002 5:23:37 PM]
Old 19 December 2002, 06:21 AM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

I was with Bell Direct, I gave them money, they gave me an expensive bit of paper and that was it. I did transfer my policy on to a new car about half way through my policy and they were very helpful.

Thanks

Dan