Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF??!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2002, 12:56 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

My other halfs insurance is due for renewal on 21st October. Its for a 1.1 106. What I can't work out is the quotes I've been getting from the likes of Tesco and Direct Line.

Ok so for her 106, her driving, 3 points, protected no claims and 1 fault accident is 319 quid. Add me as named driver (27, one non fault accident) and it goes up to 352

Now, she's 25 on the 28th October. I then amended the quote for the start date as her birthday, instead of 21st, and it comes up with 302 for just her driving. Ok, so I suppose its cheaper coz she's 25. Now again, add me as a named driver and it now goes DOWN to 282.

So for the sake of 7 days, she gets a better quote and adding me brings her premium down. To do it a week before I make her premium go up??? WTF is that all about, she turns 25, my details don't change at all, so purely because she passes the 25 threshold adding another driver makes the premium go down rather than up. IMHO, her turning 25 makes no diff and adding me should bring the premium down regardless......

I really give up with this insurance business......... Suffice to say, we won't be insuring her car for the one week and I'll drive her to work, purely to give contempt to the bl00dy insurance companies.