Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SP60 - is there anything I can to about it?

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2002, 07:54 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have an SP60 (undefined speed limit offence), and, according to a broker I was speaking to, this could be costing me a lot in insurance.

Apparently, this particular code, because it is 'undefined' causes problems for a lot of insurers. However, it was for speeding on a dual carriageway (A41(M)) and I only got 3 points and a £40 fixed penalty.

Is there anything I can do to get this code changed (perhaps to SP50 - speeding on a motorway) and would it be worth it?

Cheers
Tim

Old 05 August 2002, 05:20 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Tim,
I have the same - SP60 (doing 89 on a dual carriageway), same 3 points and £40. It hasn't really affected any quotes price wise, infact one insurer said he'd be surpirised if a person doesn't have SPxx of some sort. I'd check your broker as I'm note sure he's being as good or efficient as he could be. Just as a test do an on-line quote with and without and see what difference it makes.
Insurance is a 'funny' thing though with soooo many factors affecting the final price, as I'm 40 speeding may not play a big part in my premiums where as if you are under 30 this may be a different story.
Sorry can't be of any more help, I'm pretty sure you can't get the code changed though.