Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GreenLight Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2002, 11:08 AM
MKC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I can find loads of threads with comments on their quotes, costs and customer service etc when asking about mods etc, but has anyone had experience of the following :

How quickly and easily they deal with a claim?
How much paperwork the customer has to fill in?
When are they open for chasing a claim(ie,Mon-Sun 8-8)?
How helpful are they at chasing a third party and authorising work?
Do they actually call you back when asked?
Can you e-mail them or be e-mailed with claim updates?

I have had problems in the past where Adrian Flux and another have been very difficult to reach, they do not fill in any of the paperwork for you, take ages to pursue a third party who has smashed into you, take ages to authorise repair work, etc ??

Any comments and experiences would be welcome...

Thanks,

MKC
Old 16 July 2002, 04:58 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

*bttt*
Old 17 July 2002, 11:25 AM
MKC
Scooby Regular

BTTT??
Old 24 July 2002, 06:38 PM
P1 Enthusiast
Scooby Regular

Dunno but they just beat last years price from elephant (1400 quid with 3yrs NCB, 25yr old, P1) by 200 quid, now 1200 quid, 1yrs NCB, P1 with minor mods.

Boggle, i am very happy tho!
Old 25 July 2002, 03:31 PM
MKC
Scooby Regular

Reason why I am asking is that, 5 years ago I changed my Supra cover over to a large cheap insurance company as suggested by numerous Supra Owners. Saved 200 or so along with hundreds od other people. 3 months later, I wrote the car off and spend nearly 2 months arguing and chasing the insurance company. They did not return calls or answer the phone, lost paperwork, denied telling me things, etc and had 98% of their staff working on the NEW QUOTES line to make money, but paid no attention to their existing customers...I would gladly have paid more than the 200 I saved to eliminate the problems I had with them...

I am sure Greenlight are not like this, but it would be good to hear from people who have made claims, before I change over.

Regards,

MKC
Old 25 July 2002, 06:29 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

My very short experience of Greenlight insurance doesn't directly relate to claims - but it does illustrate their general working:

I got a (good) quote from them as new business, took up the quote 4 days before my renewal was due, and paid my premium by card over the phone

Documentation + cover note arrived the next day in the post - good service

Noticed they'd put a 'garage curfew' of 10pm-6am on the policy documents which they hadn't mentioned (see other thread) - not happy!

Asked them to requote - they added £100 to the policy - so I went back to another company - the AA who now were a better price for an 'on private drive' location

Cancelled my policy with Greelight, sending back my cover note & a letter - they said they would refund my full payment as the policy hadn't started yet.

The refund hit my bank account about a week and a half later.

Since then I've had letters from Greenlight - one telling me to send information to them or my policy will be cancelled, the other - a recorded delivery this morning - 3 weeks after I cancelled the polic - telling me that THEY are now cancelling my policy!

Greenlight - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

[Edited by SteveF - 7/25/2002 6:33:28 PM]
Old 25 July 2002, 06:44 PM
MKC
Scooby Regular

Not too good...its these hidden things that cause the grief and never show up until its too late !! Cheers for info...