Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tesco - Waste of time

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2002, 12:03 PM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Following on from my previous Tesco Fiasco thread:

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=91909

This is so amusing it hurts, short explanation, insured with Tesco last year, they screwed up the renewal (see above thread), then they issue me a new policy - fair enough, now they are asking me for proof of no claims, (Bit dense considering I was insured with them!) sent them my renewal notice, fortunately kept copies etc, fine they say, so I then get a letter this morning telling me they are increasing my policy by £1000 as I have not sent them my proof of no claims!! - Is it me or are they being extremely stupid??, winds me right up, I have to spend 30 mins again on the phone this morning to tell them they were my previous insurer so they can sort out my proof of no claims and send it to themselves, give them my old policy no etc, send them the renewal notice etc, but this is not good enough......methinks i'll be cancelling and going elsewhere at this rate
Old 10 September 2002, 01:36 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Angry

I have written 5 letters to Tesco (in one month) and they claim to have not received any of them. Strange as normally the PO lose only about 1 letter a year.

This included my original security certificates (they insist on the originals) which they then accepted me faxing through. Why didn't they say that in the first place

Also included my original NCD proof (they insist on the original) which they then accepted details over the phone. Why didn't they say that in the first place

God help me if I have to make a claim.

PS I have scans of my security certificates. Do I need to get new 'originals' from the installer for any reason?
Old 12 September 2002, 11:46 AM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Angry

As you all mention ....."hope I don't have to make a claim...." , thought I'd just give you a taster of what to expect as I'm going through it right now....

Don't know if you saw the thread about 4 weeks ago ..."Tailgater ruins my Tuesday" ?? some bloke drives up my **** at a roundabout.

Anyway, Tesco got off to a really good start - "No problem Sir, you won't have to pay any excess as it's non-fault and you can either have it repaired at our chosen garage or chose one of your own."

Excellent I thought, and went off to get the two estimates required by Tesco as I chose to take it to my own repairer.....main Subaru dealer locally. Got the estimates and faxed them through to Tesco with a cover note that CLEARLY stated my preferred choice being the Subaru dealer.

A few days later I phone Tesco and ask what's happening...."nothing Sir, we're still waiting for your estimates"....to cut it short, 3 days later they finally found the estimates I'd faxed through. "No problem sir, we'll just have to send an engineer out to agree the repair as the labour charges are over £400. We've aranged for the engineer to call at the Subaru dealer between 9-5 on the 28th"

OK I thought, we're making progress. Dropped the car off at main dealer for a whole day - no one turned up !!! Tesco then decide that they will agree figures over the phone. 2 days later I call again to ask what's happening..."it's all been sorted sir, you can book your car in." ........ phone main dealer who have not even spoken to Tesco, let alone agree figures !!!

It turns out that for the last three weeks, Tesco had been dealing with the other garage who'd supplied an estimate !! when I pointed out their total ****-up, they even stated that it was written in my notes..."preferred repairer, Subaru main dealer" !!!

( it must be great to be so blissfully **** at your job )

Anyway, the parts are now finally at the main dealer and the car is due for repair......

All this and it wasn't even my fault !!

Steve
Old 28 November 2002, 09:42 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Red face

Thought i'd put an update incase anyone is interested:

Actually got to speak to a manager, after 5-6 months of paying an extra £150 pm for my insurance as they lost my ncd, see previous thread, Tesco Admit they are at fault!! omg!!

So it ends up with them rebating the extra premium i paid over the last 5-6 mo - it's in my account straight away (well 1 working day!), then they waive the rest of my premium for the year as a gesture of goodwill!! - i've got it all in writing too this morning, so it seems all's well that ends well at last
Old 28 November 2002, 02:35 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

i sent them 3 letters as well but no reply. Then on my 4th i said i dont expect you to reply as you seem to have lost all other letters and i know loads of people who say you lose their insurance ncb etc.

Got a letter back from the manager saying she had never seen any other letter and is sorry for the mishap. She advised me in future to send all things by fax from now on!!
Old 28 November 2002, 10:07 PM
Turkish1
Scooby Regular

Good result mate, well done.
Old 03 December 2002, 11:06 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Tesco are currently chasing me from 3 months premium that I don't owe. They sent me a letter confirming my cancellation, then 3 months later started to chase payment and threatened me with bailiffs. Insurance Ombudsman here we come...
Old 03 December 2002, 05:33 PM
Gixerman
Scooby Regular

'Tesco Admit they are at fault!!'.....lol, must be if they'll insure someone like you!
Old 05 December 2002, 08:48 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

shut it gayboy
Old 05 December 2002, 10:40 AM
Gixerman
Scooby Regular

...Er...I think you'll find that YOUR the one who lives in a PINK house!!!lol
Old 05 December 2002, 10:45 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

aha NOT thru choice tho!!

At least I have more than one set of clothes pikey boy hehehehehe
Old 05 December 2002, 02:30 PM
Gixerman
Scooby Regular

..Would love to carry on this idle banter but i've got to get my bags packed seeing as i'm off to Barbados tomorrow!!!