Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of a backward country do i live in

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2018, 08:18 PM
Tobougg
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of a backward country do i live in

I stopped driving a few years ago, as i had no need to and didn't want to keep paying tax and insurance, i knew my license was going to expire but i though no big deal, when i
need a car i'll just send away and they will renew it, not knowing the retarded laws in ireland now say, if it expires without being replaced, you have to start from scratch, you have to
do 12 driving lessons, which have to be verified by the government, then you need to pass a pre driving test exam, and they give you then a Learner Permit.

I'm 37 years old, and NO one in ireland will quote me on my WRX Sti 03 for insurance. Literally, they say we don't do Turbo Subaru's on Learner Permits...
SO i said well i'll have my full licence again in 3 months, how much then at 37 years old. They checked again, the cheapest offer i got was 4,100 euros..
Is this some kind of joke? How much would it cost a 37 year old first time driver to get insured even with a full licence, and also, how uch would it cost a 19 year old learner driver
to get insured on an STi where you're from? I swear man i'm gonna leave the country because i can't drive what i want.

I watch the channel of a 17 year old kid, who was insured on his fist Impreza, a Bugeye WRX STi at 16.. and he just got insured on a newer higher Horsepower one no problem
and he's 17. He ade a video saying "How do i afford to own a Subaru at 17". All of that video was just about how he got the money for the car itself. He didn't mention a single thing about
his Insurance, so im presuming he didin't think he paid to much for his insurance at all, quite the opposte as a matter of fact, anything over a grand you'd be pissed about it right?
They want me to pay 4x that about and i'm more than double his age
Old 11 August 2018, 10:13 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

And then you have to put low octane fuel in it when you get back on the road.
Old 11 August 2018, 10:17 PM
Tobougg
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Do you think it might not be worth it brother?
Old 12 August 2018, 12:27 AM
Tobougg
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Ah everyone too bust to answer actual Subaru Related questions i see nothing has changed here then!
Old 12 August 2018, 09:10 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

It does seem unfair and wrong, but I guess only an Irish member or Insurance company can have an answer for you; I was just highlighting that performance car owners are up against it in Ireland.
Old 12 August 2018, 09:16 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

But if you don't insure a car for more than two years, you lose all your Ncb in the UK
I only had commercial truck insurance for 8 years, but still had to start at the beginning again for Ncb on a car , even though I had no claims, so I understand your frustration
Old 15 August 2018, 06:14 PM
Tobougg
Scooby Newbie

how much would it cost a 25 year old brand new licence in the UK to insurane an STi? say a 2006 one in great nick?
Old 15 August 2018, 06:19 PM
sparrowdclxvi
Scooby Regular

I'm 43, I just insured my bug eye WRX for £360 as a second car.
Old 15 August 2018, 06:23 PM
Tobougg
Scooby Newbie

Ok im gonna cut to the chase haha, i'm 37, never had a licence, i drove under my friends licence for years but that means nothing, I'll have a full licence when i get my Impreza, how much do you think it will cost me fully comp at 37 with no NCB?
Thanks
Old 15 August 2018, 06:40 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably exactly what you were quoted as you’ve never had a license. Driving illegally for years won’t warrant you a cheaper price.
I’m 40, 3 year NCB. My impreza’s a second car. 500bhp classic, all mods declared and I pay £410