Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choosing Insurance Companies?

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2015, 06:51 PM
Sub-Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing Insurance Companies?

Just a very basic question really. When looking at insurance I narrow down the choices by who gives the lowest quotes with comparable critera e.g. comprehensive, mileage etc.

When you come to two insurance companies that are within a few pounds of each other how do you know which one is actually the better more reliable and safer option to go with?

I am not trying to bad mouth or point out the problems necessarily of any insurance company. I have been with Keith Michaels for about two years and have just received a slightly cheaper quote from Adrian Flux.

So I was wondering is there anything that I should be considering when actually looking at insurance quotes that I'm possibly not or is it just personal choice?
Old 18 November 2015, 07:00 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there is just a few quid in it, I'd look at policy limits, ie personal effects cover, windscreen excess, audio limit or maybe even cover for lost keys.

The only way to see how good a insurance company though is when you have to claim.
Old 19 November 2015, 09:43 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Give me a call or pm me your number and i'll talk you through the pro's of the policy we can offer.

I personally pay an extra £60 per year to use a particular insurer as i know how they work if i needed to claim. (ie decent payout price, the car can go a repairer of my choice, mods are covered like-for-like, etc...)
Old 19 November 2015, 11:02 AM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All sorted, i think it was because of the underwriter was closed and could not talk to him. Sorry Gary I've been calling you since yesterday . I wish I would have got it with you as you got a much better reputation and prices however in my situation with 6 points on the license and 24 years old I can't be too picky because there are only a very few underwriters who would insure me and even when they do they are like "how about no?"

Next year defo coming over to Gary.