Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some arsehole.

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2015, 05:34 AM
Hangarrat93
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some arsehole.

its true what they say, as soon as you make ends meat, someone moves the ends.

The impreza was almost finished and ready to race, it still had the cage and interior to be painted and for getting it to and from the painters i decided to keep it insured for another month. all mods declared - reputable insurer.

then some arsehole ploughed right into it as it was parked outside while i was travelling to spain for work. claiming that he didn't see it as he was looking at his fuel gauge

Anyway, Ive been sent pictures and it isnt looking to good, i fear it may be written off as the market value for the car is only around 4k and repairs may be more than 2k. my question is:

under what circumstances am i able to buy the car back and does any one have experience of a similar situation and can help me avoid making an **** of it or being swindled by my insurer? as daft as it is ive a huge emotional attachment to the stupid old thing and ive spent around 15k all in getting it to this stage, id hate to lose out and not get to race it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.