Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Claims Question

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2015, 06:38 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Claims Question

Hi all, I sold my Scoob November 2013 and since then I've been using the company van. I hate it but I never drove the car hence why I sold it! I've heard that after 2 years of having no car insurance you automatically loose all your no claims. Which for me is over 19 years now and one day I'll be back in a fast car I hope, but until then what are my choices of keeping them?

My dad said I could go on his as a 2nd/3rd driver (mums the 2nd I think). Or because I drive as part of my job would that help in anyway!

Thanks again for all your help as ever.

I might not have Scoob but it won't ever stop me being a member. Love it too much��

Last edited by Razorwrx1; 31 March 2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Spelling lol
Old 31 March 2015, 07:22 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
Yes unfortunately with the vast majority of insurance schemes NCB does expire after 2 years. We do have a couple of schemes that can take NCB for up to 3 years depending on the rest of the details being acceptable.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 31 March 2015, 07:32 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Might be worth just getting a dirt cheap sh!tter just to maintain your ncb. I reckon it'd be worth it to keep the no claims.
Old 02 April 2015, 09:52 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replys. I was hoping to go on my dads but it looks like I'll be buying a bit of a banger like Maz suggested nearer the time!

Ah well thanks again guys👍
Old 02 April 2015, 12:20 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Razorwrx1,

As per Dan @ Adrian Flux, most Underwriters only accept NCB up to two years.

If it's over 2 years old i'd suggest trying Dan/Adrian Flux as most Underwriters do not accept over two years old.

There is a 2nd factor with high performance vehicles, which relates to having recent performance car driving experience. So you may need to build that up again.

In terms of vehicle's to buy, really low value vehicles can be costly to Insure as the biggest cost to Underwriters over recent years is personal injury.

If you're able to keep it over £1000, or £1500 this will help you.

Something like an MX5 that's not that expensive to buy, reliable, you can use it on sunny days and can be sold for similar money to what you pay for it seems like a decent option - although you've a forum full of helpful people here who can help you with some car suggestions.

You could limit the annual mileage driven under the policy to a low figure, which would keep your NCB alive and by only paying for the miles you're intending to use (which can be increased if required) also help with keeping the Insurance cost down.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 02 July 2015, 08:21 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Hi Tony,

Carrying on from this thread. My dads giving me his car end of July, under the condition I have him as the 2nd driver! It's a corolla t sport. You insured me on my Impreza just over a year ago, would you be able to quote me on this car! I know it's not high performance as such but I was really pleased with your services.

Thanks Craig
Old 05 October 2015, 03:30 PM
Manford
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not meaning to jump in on this but this is more or less what I was about to start a thread about...

To renew/keep your ncb you need to have held insurance within two years, could I take out a policy and cancel it within the cool down period, and that renew my two year time scale? Or do I need to have the policy for the full year, to rest the 2 year time scale?

I want to do it for my bike ncb.
Old 05 October 2015, 08:17 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
There is no for the policy to run the full course to enable your NCB to be updated. As long as your NCB is valid and has been applied to the policy from inception then it would be updated once the new policy is cancelled.
Regards,
Dan.