Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Chris Knott/Wren??

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2002, 02:33 PM
Coogie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

When I bought my scooby two months ago, it was completely standard, including the 16" wheels.

There was only a few months tread left on the tyres, so i intended to upgrade 17" wheels and tyres when needed.

I insured the car in March through Chris Knott, basically because they were the best deal AND i knew they would accept the 17's when i fitted them.

Guess what? - recently I get my 17" wheel and tyre package and phone CK to let them know i will be fitting them to the car shortly.

Firstly they tell me that i shouldn't be talking to them and should phone Wren directly (whats the point in having a broker i.e middle man)

Phone Wren and get passed between everybody in the whole company, finally to be told that their unsure whether they can insure the new wheels and i need to tell Chris Knott anyway, and not them!

Phone CK again, and told again its not them, but Wren i need to speak to!!

I get the feeling i'm going round in circles here, and nobody wants to give me an answer.

Surely these insurers must have come across people who want to change wheels before!!!?

Anybody here been in a similar situation with CK, and can give me some advice?

Same old story with insurance companys - all luvley jubly when taking your money - anything after that, and they don't want to know.

Not happy.
Old 05 June 2002, 04:45 PM
harley
Scooby Newbie

Coogie,

Chris Knotts are not passing the buck - we only sign up new policies for Wren, they are supposed to deal with any adjustments.

However, I've got one of our chaps dealing with this on your behalf. He has contacted Wren in response to your message above and will sort things out for you - keep checking your e-mail.

Chris Knott Insurance
Old 07 June 2002, 12:04 PM
harley
Scooby Newbie

Coogie,

check your e-mail.

Chris Knott Insurance
Old 10 June 2002, 03:22 PM
Coogie
Scooby Regular

harley,

YHM

Appologies if my thread appeared to give CK a bad name - obvious reasons at the time!

All sorted now - another good service from CK

Nick.