ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

KCA-IP500.........or not!

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2013, 05:29 PM
mrburtonsir
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KCA-IP500.........or not!

So i went to amazon to buy the KCA-IP500 for my '56 WRX.

After searching i found the below item for £7.95 so thought i'd try my luck!

Turns out it doesn't work! It connects perfectly in the CD changer socket on the back of the HU and even charges a iPhone 4S but it won't play music through it!

I have come to the conclusion that the conversion box included in the original Kenwood KCA-IP500 is the key item here that does all the trickery to enable music to be played.

Don't make the same mistake I did (although it was worth a shot for the difference in price between the two 'leads'!)

Cheers

Rob

For IPOD to Kenwood Headunit Audio Cable KCA-IP500: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics For IPOD to Kenwood Headunit Audio Cable KCA-IP500: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Old 04 December 2013, 12:27 AM
romford-boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep that's correct. With a bit of luck you will find the correct one for under £20 second hand.

Note that they aren't great, so for example the dash won't tell you the name of the track or album and in my set up the iPod can't be controlled directly either, only through the head unit. So to get to your twentieth album you have to press the forward button twenty times

Also mine doesn't charge the iPod - though I can't work out if it should or not!