Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

fronts or rears?

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2002, 08:10 PM
The Man From Rangoon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've just been given a 'radiomobile 260' amp,i already have a 600w pyle, running a pioneer sub.would i be better powering my front infinity components or my rear pioneer 6x9's with it?...i am by no means an ice expert,i can wire it up no problem but can't get the sound quality that i would like...and i don't mean BOOM!..BOOM!..BOOM!any help would be muchly appreciated.
Old 20 May 2002, 10:43 PM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

Fronts every time! Try putting the tweeters up on the plastic bit behind the wing mirrors, this'll lift the sound stage as opposed to fitting them in the factory location in the doors. I'd leave the rears on the hu to provide a bit of rear fill (to be nice to those in the back occasionaly!). What you could do is power the rears on low pass filter, that way you'll ensure you get low bass from the sub and higher bass frequencies as well from the 6x9s.

good luck experimenting.
Old 21 May 2002, 07:48 PM
The Man From Rangoon!
Scooby Regular

thanks for that,my tweeters were already on the inside of the mirror plastic,but now i've angled them 'upwards' a bit.which helps a lot.so far the new amp is powering the 6x9s on low pass(bass blockers b4}while the hu powers the components (faded fwd).
the sound is now a lot better....but nothing like it was in my old corrado with the very same kit...shape of car perhaps?
Old 21 May 2002, 08:53 PM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

Build quality makes a huge difference, paerhaps that is what you are hearing - VWs are built like brick s*%t houses compared to imprezas. I've put a bit of sound deadning in the doors to beef things up a bit, also mounting the speaker on deadening may also help.

Cheers