Amp rack Meechy style!

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2002, 01:40 AM
Littleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hey guys, me again!
I have read a few threads where TB Meech has made (or one of his mates) an amp rack in twenty minutes. Does anybody know anything about this? The amp I've got is going in my P1 (perhaps I should say WRX so people will read further!!!) and I don't want to construct anything too fussy and the back seat to me looks scruffy. Any ideas guys? Piccys would be fantastic!
Cheers Littleman
Old 15 May 2002, 09:15 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Arrow

It was me!!

I am seeing PTHolt tomorrow so will blag his digi cam and post some pics up tomorrow.
Old 15 May 2002, 12:22 PM
Littleman
Scooby Regular

That would be great, thanks Mr Meech.
Old 16 May 2002, 05:24 PM
Homer Simpson
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

The amp rack is easy!

All you do is remove your rear seat! Two bolts at the front, and then push the seat cushion down and back towards the rear, it will come out.

The rear is held on with three bolts (on a UK car with folding seats, but should be the same for the P1) which are exposed with the bottom cushion removed.

Undo those bolts, and the rear seat back cushion just lifts up.

Get a piece of MDF/Ply or whatever you have laying around, and cut it slightly bigger (about 0.5-0.75 inches) than the hole.

Remove the platic trim from around the holes, and it will expose a metal lip. Drill some small holes there, and you will be able to use some self tapping screws to hold it in place.

Cover with grey carpet to match your boot. Drill holes in the board and feed the wires through to give it the clean look. All excess cable can be gaffer taped down to the back of the board.

Replace the seats and you will have great looking install.

Before you ask, I've done this twice to my cars and once on a friends, and no I won't do it again for someone else!!!