Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Sub - Under seat??

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2002, 01:36 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm sure a few months ago I saw something on here about a sub which fitted under the front seat.

I'm not looking for mega bass....just a bit more punch....do these exist? Do they req. an amp?

99MY 5Dr - hence no boot (sort of)
Old 10 May 2002, 04:28 PM
globbits
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can get a sub that's small enough to fit under your seat, it won't move enough air to give you a kick. Seriously, they're a waste of time.

You'd be much better off getting a small (8") sub and putting it into one of those shaped cabinets that some company (whose name I completely forget) are custom-making for Impreza's. That way, you get a sensible size enclosure, so the sub can move a fair amount, and it won't eat into your boot-space - particularly if you put a perspex cover over it, for safety.

Okay, yes, you still lose a bit of boot-space, and it does mean making a sort of "install", but the benefit over any silly under-seat sub is well worth it.

Sorry
Old 10 May 2002, 08:30 PM
audio g man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I agree in some respects. Kenwood do a product that fits the bill called "KSC-WA62RC"
I heard one of the a few months ago fitted in the boot of a peugeot 306 and was rather impresed. It's a small thin box fitted with a six inch bass speaker, a passive radiator, a small amp to power it and a dash mounted controller.
It will never be as good as a proper subwoofer fitted into a purpose built enclosure with external amplification but nevertheless, a reasonable cheap alternative.