Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Panasonic CQ-VW100N - Lost pin code!

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2012, 08:45 PM
andyz0
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panasonic CQ-VW100N - Lost pin code!

Hi All,
I disconnected my battery to fix an alarm fault but this also reset my stereo (a Panasonic CQ-VW100N) and until then I didn't realise it had a code! I have tried the obvious guesses, but no luck so far. The garage who sold it to me have been little help - I eventually got through to them and they said they don't know it or have the contact details for the previous owner but might know someone who does and would "let me know if they had any luck" - nothing since then which means they have had no luck or haven't bothered. Pretty pissed off as it should have been supplied with the car.

Anyway I really don't want to revert to the stock headunit which is rubbish, and I'd rather not spend another £200 odd on a new one when this one was fine!

Any ideas on how to reset the code? Somewhere in the manual says I can go to Panasonic but I don't know where to start. I know it's not 'just that easy' as thieves would be at it all the time. But it's mine!

Thanks in advance.
Andy
Old 17 April 2012, 11:30 AM
andyz0
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The resolution was send it to a chap in Fakenham who had one of the worst customer services that I have ever encountered. Rude and awkward - accused me of stealing it! Anyway he recoded it in the end for £30!