ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Facia / Fascia for a hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2011, 10:19 PM
viio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Facia / Fascia for a hawkeye

Can anyone advise where I can get an adaptor facia thing so I can remove the standard double din unit and fit a single din one? I've searched here and on a few websites without being able to find one for my year of car.
Old 22 September 2011, 12:02 AM
beefoss
Scooby Regular

I got mine from www.Scoobyparts.co.uk, they are in the 'miscellaneous section.
HTH Keith.
Old 22 September 2011, 07:38 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

I have one of these mate ......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...All-Categories

.... I bought mine new from Scoobyparts too.
Old 30 September 2011, 01:15 PM
Donkey Gobbler
Scooby Newbie

I'm having the same issue, having just bought a 2007 Hawkeye (hope the OP doesn't mind me jumping in - saves posting another thread).

The other thing I just noticed, having just tried to installa a facia which doesn't fit, is that my single DIN stereo (Sony MEX-1GP) doesn't fit in the hole of the main console (i.e. the silver surround). That gap is just over 17cm and the width of the Sony is 18cm (19cm if you include its edge facia). Any ideas? The Sony doesn't appear to be an odd shape - I've had it fitted in two other cars with no problems.

Originally Posted by beefoss
I got mine from www.Scoobyparts.co.uk, they are in the 'miscellaneous section.
HTH Keith.
They just seem to do a pocket (to fill the "hole" left by installing a single DIN unit), what about the mounts for the unit itself?

Originally Posted by Wilky_Boy
I have one of these mate ......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...All-Categories

.... I bought mine new from Scoobyparts too.
Those all seem to be for the 2008 models?

Thanks in advance...
Old 03 October 2011, 01:33 AM
beefoss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Donkey Gobbler
I'm having the same issue, having just bought a 2007 Hawkeye (hope the OP doesn't mind me jumping in - saves posting another thread).

The other thing I just noticed, having just tried to installa a facia which doesn't fit, is that my single DIN stereo (Sony MEX-1GP) doesn't fit in the hole of the main console (i.e. the silver surround). That gap is just over 17cm and the width of the Sony is 18cm (19cm if you include its edge facia). Any ideas? The Sony doesn't appear to be an odd shape - I've had it fitted in two other cars with no problems.

They just seem to do a pocket (to fill the "hole" left by installing a single DIN unit), what about the mounts for the unit itself?

Those all seem to be for the 2008 models?

Thanks in advance...

I'm assuming that your removing the standard double DIN head unit and replacing it with a single DIN, if so the both LHS and RHS of the old HU there will be a mounting bracket attached by screws, once removed then using the same screws these can be fitted to the sides of the new HU. If you do get the subaru pocket then you'll have to drill an extra hole on both brackets to accommodate the lugs. Why theyre not made to the existing holes baffles me. Hope this helps.
Keith
Old 03 October 2011, 10:07 AM
Donkey Gobbler
Scooby Newbie

Okay, I got it sorted on Saturday and thought I'd share what I did. I tried to get the brackets off the OEM stereo but, since the screws are made of cheese, they disintegrated immediately when shown a screwdriver! I ordered some replacement ones from my local Subaru dealer, went to collect them... and they didn't fit.

To be honest, after watching people there scratch their heads it makes you feel better. Even the dealer wasn't sure which part was required. So, back to the OEM unit and we drilled out the screws. Obviously those brackets fitted okay and I added a Subaru tray/cubby hole where the gap would be (p/n S66128AE000, £21.83 +VAT). The end result is below: