STi7 - Centre Console

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2002, 08:38 AM
nraponi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hiya
Can anyone tell me how to take the centre console off from the STi so that I can fit the single DIN 'filler box' and replace the stereo?

Any pictures showing where to push etc appreciated

Thanks all
Nick
Old 18 April 2002, 09:33 AM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Nick,

It's quite simple to do.
Eject the cup holder and remove the 2 screws each side, the cup holder slides out of dash with a slight lift near the end to clear the clip. (You don't have to do this to remove the surround however it makes removing easier)
You can now gently pull the top left corner of the silver surround outwards this should pop out, work your way anticlockwise around the surround I think there is 6 clips in all.
To remove the stereo unscrew 3 screws each side to release the cage the stereo is fixed to.
Unclip the connector, antenna and ground wire and there you have it.
Remove the sides from the double DIN unit and fix onto own unit. Note you may need a ISO convertor for you own stereo, I bought mine from Halfords for around £10.

To install obviously to the reverse.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers,

Rob.

[Edited by Rob D - 4/18/2002 9:34:57 AM]
Old 18 April 2002, 09:54 AM
nraponi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Rob - thankyou thats fantastic!

Do you (or anyone else!) know of any instructions on the best way to wire a changer down to the boot? When I fitted one to my old (MY00) car I used Chiarks excellent FAQ and also some other site I found that detailed how to take the trim apart etc. Is there an equivalent for the new shape that you know of?

Thanks again
Nick
Old 18 April 2002, 10:27 AM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nick,

Again pretty much the same as a MY00 apart from a few changes which are simple to figure out, like for instance the plastic sill plates just clip off without removing inserts.
I followed the intercooler spray tube into the boot for my changer and navi unit, this is situated on the passenger side of the car.
One thing to watch is the carpet uses clips to attach to the side sills (same as b4), these are easily broken off from the carpet if you attempt to pull up the carpet, so make sure you clip them off the sills correctly.

Cheers,

Rob.