ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

samsung galaxy s and bluetooth parrot

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2011, 10:41 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default samsung galaxy s and bluetooth parrot

ive had the parrot system in the car since new and everyphone ive had works no probs with it,

but since i got this samsung galaxy s it only makes the bluetooth visible for 90s and after that it wont connect to the parrot,

is there anyone got the same set up or can tell me how to make the bluetooth stay visible all the time so it will auto connect with my system
Old 15 February 2011, 04:57 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Hi Tom

You only need to have the phone discoverable during the pairing process after that it will connect all the time regardless of whether you have enabled discovery or not.

I had a lot of problems getting my HtC desire to connect to my parrot kit , this is what worked for me . . . .

Basically what you need to do is delete all old connections from the parrot kit memory

On mine ( CK3100 ) you hold the red and green call buttons both down for about 10 secs or so until you hear the voice confirmation message .( "deleting memory" or some thing similar)

Switch off your ignition , enable BT on your phone , give it a minute
Make your phone discoverable , switch on igniton then pair the phone when prompted by the parrot kit

Make sure when you enter your pairing code ( usually 1234) to have the numerical pad showing on your phone (i.e dont enter the numbers by holding down letter keys )

And always make sure you have BT enabled on the phone BEFORE you switch the igniton of the car on , this is what I found made the most difference for me

To be honest mine acts up even still from time to time , not sure if its a bug on the parrot side or with Android operating system .....

Hope this helps
Old 15 February 2011, 06:37 PM
plasticporridgewog
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto what NAF says. I had to delete all previous phones on my Parrot when I bought the car and tried to pair with my HTC Desire. Mine is an older system and can only be paired with a max of 3 phones. I had to download the instructions but its easy enough, even for a dinosaur like me.
Old 16 February 2011, 10:59 AM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

thanks very much for the info guys, will give it a try and let u know how i get on.

cheers tom
Old 16 February 2011, 07:47 PM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what software version do you have on the kit?
Old 16 February 2011, 08:32 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NAF
Hi Tom

You only need to have the phone discoverable during the pairing process after that it will connect all the time regardless of whether you have enabled discovery or not.

I had a lot of problems getting my HtC desire to connect to my parrot kit , this is what worked for me . . . .

Basically what you need to do is delete all old connections from the parrot kit memory

On mine ( CK3100 ) you hold the red and green call buttons both down for about 10 secs or so until you hear the voice confirmation message .( "deleting memory" or some thing similar)

Switch off your ignition , enable BT on your phone , give it a minute
Make your phone discoverable , switch on igniton then pair the phone when prompted by the parrot kit

Make sure when you enter your pairing code ( usually 1234) to have the numerical pad showing on your phone (i.e dont enter the numbers by holding down letter keys )

And always make sure you have BT enabled on the phone BEFORE you switch the igniton of the car on , this is what I found made the most difference for me

To be honest mine acts up even still from time to time , not sure if its a bug on the parrot side or with Android operating system .....

Hope this helps
all sorted now thanks, cleared the memory and it connected first time
Old 17 February 2011, 08:42 AM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Glad you got it sorted