Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

I.C.E. Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2002, 02:18 PM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to replace all the speakers and replace the head unit in my P1 very soon.

The problem is I don't know what types of speakers to use. I had a look in the boot as to where the rear speakers are and just looking at it scares me.

I've picked my head unit (Alpine) and wish on some advice on speakers. Obviously custom fit ones will be the most hassle free but which ones? JBL, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood etc, etc, etc the list goes on.

I listen to all kinds of music but mainly trance or house where there's lots of fast beats and heavy bass.

I know I'm really not helpful but basically I would like to try a "Tried and Tested" setup. Or even if someone thinks they've got a good setup and would like to share it/recommend it to me.

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gordon
Old 09 April 2002, 11:13 PM
audio g man
Scooby Regular

Smile

Custom fit speakers (don't think there are any for your car) will not give you the sort of sound to make you happy considering the type of music you listen to. The speakers are the "weakest link" in any system so don't skimp on them. Check out brands such as MB Quart, Infinity, Alpine and Kicker.
I'd go for a component setup (mids & tweeters) in the front of the car and coaxials in the back.
Old 10 April 2002, 06:56 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

I've just done exactly the same in mine, I've just put a new Kenwood MP3 Head unit in mine with Infiniti 13cm in the shelf and infiniti 16cm's in the front and it really does sound nice.

If you want proper base you'll have to start looking at subs and Amps, but these speakers...... well, you're gonna be hard pushed to get a better speaker for the price !!!

Well chuffed with it

Old 10 April 2002, 10:04 PM
motomc1
Scooby Regular

Smile

GO FOR THE BEST.JL.AUDIO ...OR FOCALE..THESE TWO SOUND....THE BEST..WITH ALL TYPES OF MUSIC..
Old 10 April 2002, 11:12 PM
audio g man
Scooby Regular

Smile

Listen b4 you buy.
Old 10 April 2002, 11:45 PM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

listen to the boston accoustics range; if you're considering focals then you should really be looking at the rallies, priced around the same, or the fs series, at about £160 for 17cm. Which ever one you chose, beef up the door panel with brown bread or dynamat to get the most out of them. As well as providing a firmer enclosure to resonate in, you'll also reduce road noise coming through the doors.