ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Rear speakers MY05 sti?

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2010, 08:54 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear speakers MY05 sti?

Does anyone know which speakers I can buy to replace the rear doorspeakers on my newage 05, a direct replacement without spacers or cutting, if such speakers exist? (they should do!) 5.25" - 13cm ideally with shallow mounting depth.

Thanks

Greg
Old 15 July 2010, 07:51 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

had this same problem myself. i have just ordered vibe slick 50s. these should go straight in, although to be clear the last set i used (alpines) needed the door cutting slightly. cutting the door may not seem the best idea but honestly its not that big a deal. a small snip and fold back, folds like tin, dead easy. sound deadening on, no issues.
Old 15 July 2010, 08:11 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive just fitted vide slick 60s all round on my hawkeye,

6.5" on front 5" on rear with spacers i may add,

i used the spacers from here to make sure they fitted with no probs.

http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/items.php?id=SAK026
and sak40 for the rears,

but have also heard that corsa 3 spacers from halfords also fit.

cheers tom
Old 17 July 2010, 10:45 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Thanks, appreciate your answers!

I did my own thing as I had a few days off work and got bored. Bought some Kenwood 4" speakers, removed the standard subaru speakers from the rear doors, which are bulit into beige coloured spacers, really this is part of the speaker surround, but as it's plastic, I just cut the old speaker out by cutting the 5 or 6 little supports at the rear of the speaker. I then bought some 1mm number plate sticky pads, 3 in a pack, and cut these lengthways, so I had 6 strips, approx 3" long by 1/2" wide, then stuck these around the top of the diameter circle....(this is because the 4" speaker is slightly too small to fit) The Kenwoods have 4 holes, so you need to file with a circular file in 4 places around the ridge, which is just outside the diameter base where the speaker will sit, to level it so the speaker will sit flush. (wish I would have taken some pics!) You then scew down the speaker using 4 small self tapping screws, and the whole thing then fits perfectly into the where it came from in the first place. As for the wiring, just cut off the subaru connector and cut the piece from the kenwood supplied wiring with the + - clips and attach this to the standard wiring.

Hope this makes sense, it really is quite simple!

Greg

Last edited by GREGGYG; 17 July 2010 at 10:46 AM.