ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

help me get the most from!

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2010, 06:26 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me get the most from!

thanks for looking firstly! i have just recieved replacement speakers for my 06 sti. these are Alpine SXE-1325s + SXE-1725s.
now my initial thought was to just replace the speakers and leave the standard head unit, but, looking at prices of single din head units is there anything out there that anyone could recommend on fairly conservative budget (£150) that would make the most of what i have. i am not bothered about anything fancy like touchscreen or bluetooth, maybe a USB port, but i am only intrested in a decent sound, thanks again. Lee
Old 16 April 2010, 03:29 AM
Ginola
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently bought one of these - http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...3i_p-25776.htm

really nice sound quality MUCH better than the one i had in (double din out of a forester) would recomend it. I have it hooked to JL audio front and rear speakers in STI wagon "classic (no sub!)
Old 16 April 2010, 08:48 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will get a decnet sound from your standard head unti if you amp the speakers other wise you will just be getting 5% more out of them rather than getting there full 100% potential