Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Double Din Size - Is it a standard size, measuring seems to indicate other wise!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2009, 02:17 PM
bobaru45
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Double Din Size - Is it a standard size, measuring seems to indicate other wise!?!

Looking to get a double din touch screen unit for my Import type-r. I was always under the assumption that all double din units where a standard size. However after measuring the plastic stereo surround on my scoob I find that it is ever so slightly smaller than the measurments on the head units ive been looking at.

The size of the surround in the car is: (W)175mm (L)100mm
The size of the panel on the headunit im lookin to buy is: (W)172mm (L)105
Im considering another one which measures: (W)180 (L)100

I have a single din cheapy fitted at the moment and the panel fits into the surround (the surround that came with the head unit is no longer needed) which is fine. So i dont mind if the surround that comes with new unit isn't needed, as long as the panel itself fits and is free to move. Don't really want to commit to buying one unless im 100% sure it fits!

Any help appreciated!
Old 09 June 2009, 11:41 AM
fat_boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i have a double din fitted in my classic and it fits a treat when u take the pocket out above the single din the cadge is flexible so fits the double din really nicely and looks a treat here's mine

cheers
for sale by the way