Problem with bluetooth phone and head unit DEH-P75BT

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2008, 04:39 PM
LAity
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with bluetooth phone and head unit DEH-P75BT

HI all

I bought a Scooby the other day with the above mentioned stereo head unit in it and its driving me mad. The unit says it has bluetooth compatibility but sadly it is so hit and miss its going to get ripped out of the car. My phone is the 8gb Nokia N95 and i am told it can sync the phonebook and everything else...sadly all it does is work now and again...It is mad.
Has anybody got the same head unit and are using it with a Nokia phone with success???

Is there any tips that anyone can impart to me regarding Pioneer head units???

Thanks all

LAity
Old 01 October 2008, 05:00 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Lol change ya phone,mate had simular problems with one of his nokias in his astra vxr,yet my sony ericsson worked perfect,try a few of ya mates phones on it an see what happens-know he had one of the pioneers in his pulsar previous to that an were that good im considering getting one-will be really suprised if its the head unit at fault-they usually work well.
Old 01 October 2008, 05:08 PM
LAity
Scooby Regular

The stereo its self is amazing, does everything i want it to but will not connect ( sometimes ) with my phone. I think i need to upgrade my phone to the new N96 and maybe get a new head unit as well. I saw one in the shop for a grand odd...not very happy about shelling out all that but guess i need it.Plus the new one has satnav built in to it . I don't have any other phone's sadly or i would use them...o well ...more money.

LAity
Old 14 October 2008, 06:54 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

I must admit to finding the bluetooth annoying to start with when I had a Sony W810i but now, my N95 8GB works relatively fine although I've not found the phonebook to be particularly helpful as I have not found a way to select a number without scrolling through every number alphabetically until I get to the one I want - both time consuming, dangerous and annoying. It is OK for being able to show the incoming caller on the screen though.

I tend to use the voice recognition to make calls.

I assume you have the Spec D.

Do you have anything else the phone connects to like a Sat Nav because that can affect your connectivity to the Pioneer?