Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Advice/Assistance please - planar transducer speaker custom install..

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2008, 01:23 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice/Assistance please - planar transducer speaker custom install..

Right..

I've got a set of rather pretty (and rather expensive) speakers that have been sitting here for a year. Initially they were going to be part of a particularly expensive high-end install, but I've swayed away from that a bit.

As the chance of me finding someone who'd buy them off me for anything near what they're worth is pretty slim, I was going to install them anyhow with what I've got.

Because of the slightly unique way these speakers create the sound, their positioning isn't anywhere near as crucial as for 'normal' tweeters, so I was going to build a small pod in a spare set of lower B pillar interior panels (the dark grey ones in a newage). The problem I'm faced with is that I want as near a "factory" finish as it is possible to achieve.

I know I'm not going to be able to match the finish of the plastic panel (an ideal world situation) and covering that particular panel in STI blue Alcantara, while tidy, would probably look quite strange and a bit much.

So - can anyone provide any suggestions to a possible solution?

Due to the size of these speakers, and the fact that I only want to cut up comparatively "cheap" panels to fit them - I'm a bit hard pushed for alternative locations!

Old 21 March 2008, 05:51 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about maybe trimming the whole lower panel with charcoal/black alcantara?