ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Sound proofing back seats/boot space

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2002, 04:12 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone tried getting a better seal around the back seats? I'd have thought it'd make a pretty big difference 'cos of the boot & 'cabin' being the same space in the scoob. I've got quite a bit of soundproofing scattered about, including the boot (squidgy foam stuff as well as the stick-on anti-vibration type) & although it's made a big difference, there's still a drone that comes from the back. All back-box type noise (not the standard one )
I've been wondering how to seal the boot off better & also whether it's worth the effort, as I don't even know if it's going to work or not... The only thing I can think of at the moment is to jam some sort of soundproofed (carpet underlayed up I imagine) thin MDF thing between the seats (MY00 split type) & boot-space. Anyone got any ideas, or tried this before?
Old 14 January 2002, 04:16 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

I just put a square of carpet underlay in the boot and stuck brownbread over the 2 rear wheel arches.

Made a huge difference.

greg
Old 14 January 2002, 04:26 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Hmmm, done that - I now have the BJ acoustics stuff which is considerably more effective. I'm just being difficult...
The behind-the-seats thing just seems like a good idea as most cars are much louder when the seats are down. Makes no difference in the scoob whether they are up or down, so surely some improvement can be made...