Rear Speakers - 2005 1994cc Sti

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2007, 03:50 PM
alex_ppp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Speakers - 2005 1994cc Sti

Hi,

Please can anyone let me know what they have managed to fit in the rear doors of the 2005 Sti 1994cc model?

Just got the car back from Uplands who said that they do not stock/nor can get ahold of a speaker to fit?

Any help much appreciated.
Old 20 November 2007, 04:23 PM
killerscoob
Scooby Regular

Does the window wind all the way down if so you need a speaker that is about 2 inch deep to stop the window from hitting it but otherwise a standard 6/6.5 Inch door speaker should be fine that can fit in the original cut out in the door, You might have to remove the manufactures bracket and then just re-drill the new speaker holes (if you are lucky it might fit)
I have put a brand called PYLE in my front doors in the past,they are not a brand like sony but mine were 400W Each so sounded quite good, look on e-bay.
Mines an early import but I have fitted speakers in this one but it should be basically the same Sometimes you have to make them fit.
Old 20 November 2007, 06:32 PM
alex_ppp
Scooby Newbie

The installer at Uplands said that he couldn't make any speakers fit without cutting the door panel which I don't want to be done.

He said the factory speakers are an odd size and fitted into a plastic adapter that fixes into a square hole in the door.

The stock rear speakers are absolutely crap, anyone thats put a decent system in this model impreza must have had this problem too?

Help!
Old 20 November 2007, 06:52 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

ive got a decent system in mine but i chose not to use the rear speakers as i wanted quality sound in the front where i always sit.The rears are 4" and you can fit 5 1/4" speakers in if you use a spacer but other than that the door will need to be cut.Get a decent set of components and an amp and you wont need to worry about the rears
Old 20 November 2007, 06:59 PM
alex_ppp
Scooby Newbie

Yeh i got some boston acoustics components in the front, 2 Alpine PDX amps for components and a JL audio w6 sub in the back which really do sound great.

Its just too much in the front, which gives me earache and I want it more balanced - the rear speakers really bring down the quality of sound.

So you managed to fit 5 1/4 inch speakers in the back? This chap at uplands said that he probably couldn't fit a spacer in there as the door card was so close to the speaker?
Old 20 November 2007, 07:13 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

i didnt use the rear speakers,i went for focal components in the front with 2 JL8w3 subs built into the floor behind the passenger seat all powered by a JL 300/4 amp and it sounds fantastic.5 1/4 will definately fit with a spacer
Old 21 November 2007, 09:28 AM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

THIS is what i have done on mine, hope it helps a little.

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 21 November 2007, 12:32 PM
alex_ppp
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tissy
THIS is what i have done on mine, hope it helps a little.

Steve
I see you put some Infinity 5012i's in the rear, did you need spacers for these? Did they fit in the factory locations without modification?
Old 21 November 2007, 01:12 PM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

I did fit spacers to the rear, but these were purchased specifically for this vehicle.

Have a look at the paragraph on my site which begins "The final stage on construction was fitting the speakers.............."

This will give you a link to where i purchased them from (In the US) and also a popup image of the items themselves.

The kit comprises of front and rear spacers and although not cheap saved a lot of hassle If like me you don't have time or the inclination to fiddle with MDF, then this is an option. Very easy and an excellent fit.

If you do go for these, don't be put off by the postage price, email them first and they will sort it for you.
Old 21 November 2007, 10:26 PM
alex_ppp
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tissy
I did fit spacers to the rear, but these were purchased specifically for this vehicle.
What model is your scooby? Is it a 2005 Type UK?
Old 22 November 2007, 03:23 AM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

Indeed it is mate, the only difference is mine is a WRX, but speakers should be the same size etc.