ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

In car freeview receiver ??

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2007, 11:00 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In car freeview receiver ??

Fancy adding one off these in car freeview boxes to my in car dvd / tv set up, anyone done such a thing ?? just wonder if digital tv would be received better than the old analogue sytmn which as you may know is very hit and miss within the car !!

anyone recommend a decent dedicated in car tv ststmn antenna ??
Old 01 November 2007, 10:42 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

mike at chelmer car sound (01245 350200) had one when i went in there last. i asked about it for exactly the same reason and he says it kind of works here in london and other built up areas, but generally not all that good

HTH
Old 01 November 2007, 12:38 PM
writeofreply
BANNED

Problem is the picture tends to break up when you are moving but I guess you wouldn't be watching when you're driving anyway
Old 01 November 2007, 07:19 PM
youngstar
Scooby Regular

i have fitted probably about 7 or 8 of these units, some are good, some are bad,
there was a unit out there by a company called soundlinx, think the part number was dig01tv, the problem is with this kind of equipment you have patchy reception and to some people who dont understand that their house doesnt move but their car does when they make the quality statement of "my reception at home is alot better"
if i was to advise on equipment i would suggest paying a little bit more than what is advertised on ebay unless buying a branded unit and getting the best possible aerials for the unit that are available, the ones as standard for the dig01tv used to look like female sanitary towels which were stuck to the interior glass with a sucker at each end,
another thing to consider is that, when initially setting up the unit, i try to get the vehicle to the highest or nearest point to a transmitter as possible, that will give the unit the best chance of getting most of the available stations? external aerials are the way forward, especially bosch/hirschman powered aerials!
dont expect perfect reception tho???
cheers
chris

Last edited by youngstar; 01 November 2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 01 November 2007, 08:25 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys appreciatte the advice, think I may waitt off a while until everything is switched over to digital as I am sure reception may be a little better once the main transmitters for each area switch over.

thanks again