Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

STEREO UPGRADE FOR 2006 HAWKEYE STI - HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2007, 08:07 PM
RonnieB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STEREO UPGRADE FOR 2006 HAWKEYE STI - HELP!!!

I've read through most of the posts on here and am still totally confused (bit fick)

I wanna change the head unit (currently standard 2 DIN) to a SONY and want to change the front door speakers too.

I know to change the HU I'll nead the harness and I think I got the rest sorted.

I'm totaly confused about the speakers (which ones to buy). I would prefer one speaker that does all (low mid and high, if there is such a thing). All this talk about installation, spacers, MDF has got me totally confused

Can someone please help me?

Thx
Old 23 June 2007, 11:04 AM
RonnieB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update to above -

I think its gonna be a Sony CDX-GT610u with Infinity 6510cs speakers?

I reckon I need the harness (pc2-44-4), the facia plate to fit under the new unit (FP006, this creates a little pocket for keys and stuff me thinks?)

The speakers come with all the bits and bobs (cross overs etc.) but I is stll confused over the fitting. Are they easy to fit, do I need to do the sound proofing, MDF bits etc.

Many thanks
Old 23 June 2007, 11:20 AM
MRSIMPSON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same here...

I'm in the same boat mate, I think my previous owner blew my speakers, they sound awful. I'm taking the easy way out and taking to a professional for an installation. I was looking at Rainbow speakers they are supposed to be the ****. Have a look for them.

Sorry not much help. Just sharing the pain.