Panasonic DP803 skipping?

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2001, 02:48 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hello

I have a panasonic DP803, 8 disc multi changer and it's strated to skip! I've had it around two years and have done around 35,000 miles with it, is this a sensible life span or is there a cure? It was briliant when I got it but now it's a bit annoying! There doesn't seem to be a comomn theme with the skipping which is odd, you can go over a big pothole with no problem but then it skips going over a *** packet!

Is this a problem I can fix myself as I don't really want to go back to my dealer, it always costs me a fortune!

Thanks, Bob
Old 05 May 2001, 08:32 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some CD players when they get on a bit start skipping - I have a 15 year old example (one of the first probably) in the house and it used to skip when you walked past it! Then I took it apart and cleaned the lens with alcohol on a cotton bud - seemed to fix it, but I had nothing to lose. Perhaps when the optics get a bit dodgy it has trouble retaining tracking, and will probably be getting more read errors. Heard other stories re lasers being replaced, but probably approaching cost of a new CD changer - a lot are around £100 now. Two years does seem a bit early for it to pack in though?
Old 06 May 2001, 11:19 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers John, I have some cold tinnies in the fridge, i might give it a go

I thought two years was a little soon for it to pack up.I might have to go to the dealer after all!

Bob