ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Double Din to Single Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2006, 09:52 PM
Gadge22
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Din to Single Wiring?

Im about to tackle changing over the standard double din headunit in my Sti7 to a single din Alpine CDA9813 that Ive had lying about for a while.

Got the forester dash pocket. Got the autoleads adapter. All I need to do now is wire it up, if only it was that easy!!!

The problem is that my alpine wiring loom which connects from the headunit to autoleads adapter has the ISO block missing for the power (still got the speakers ISO block wired into the loom).

I intent to just crimp the wires together instead of trying to replace the ISO block thats missing. I've managed to match up 4 of the 5 colours. The only one that I have left to deal with is the yellow. On the autoleads adapter the yellow says "Memory" but according to my alpine stereo the yellow needs to be connected directly to to the battery.

Does this mean that I need to run a seperate wire from the yellow on the headunit loom to the battery? Or can the yellow "memory" wire in the autoleads adapter be crimped to this?

If I need to run a seperate wire to the battery, what happens to the yellow "memory" wire?

Cheers.
Old 27 September 2006, 10:03 PM
Lord Bass
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should be able to connect to the yellow on the autoleads adaptor but you can test it with a multi meter first to see if its always live if not you should be able to fine a constant live wire locally to the head unit. worse case senario you can run a wire direct from the battery.