JL audios speakers and incar tv

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2001, 10:46 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys.

Just wanted to ask some stuff.

made a concious decision when my car came to only install what I had neatly, and not bother going the whole hog so I didnt replace the speakers that came with the car.

The guy before happened to have fitted some JL components in the front with very impressive spacers made up that angle the tweeter and JL coaxs in the back which I actually listen to. I own a perfectly fitting sub, but have decided I dont want it in the car.

I just wanted to say that since putting some drum and bass music in, I am taken back at teh performance of these things. The treble is a bit harsh for me, but they are very fast speakers and teh bass response given that they are in the doors (and shelf - hence boot is enclosurish) is unbelievable. I was looking round to see who had put my sub in whilst not looking.

I was tempted at a moment of weakness to install some diamond audio hexs but at £600ish pounds, I dont think they are going to be much better.

What I want to know is how much are these JLs so that I know which price point they are in when people want recommendations.

Two more things here.
1. I didnt also reinstall my one farad cap, so does anyone want one. Think it is a stinger, but I never saw it once it had been installed in my old car.

2. I might buy the new pioneer incar tv with built in dvd player (not cheap) and as such will be selling my equivalent pioneer indash 7 inch widescreen tv. I also happen to have a spare master control box. This means that when the two are connected, you have access to a 4x45 watt amp and radio with rds, plus connectability of sat nav, tv tuner and cd/md multiplay. Not sure about dvd compatability though. Anyway,w as wondering if anyone might be interested. Would stick in for sale, but dont want lots of replies from people who weren't reading ice section.

Adam

ps. nick about the thing in the email, ask scott, as he is pals with gordon and can still get deals.
Old 24 April 2001, 11:12 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Hi Adam

JL do three different ranges, and if you're impressed I'd guess that they're the "high end" range (TR, VR and XR - good, better, best).

The VR's around 300 quid, and XR about 400 quid.

If I hadn't *JUST* moved house, I'd be snapping your arm off for the in-car TV...

Nick.

Old 25 April 2001, 02:04 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

My guess from the performance is the top range in teh front and the bottom in the rear.

Don't think Ill bother changing them.

It would appear that kenwood have a released a dvd head unit with touch screen built in. No external boxes unless you want the tv etc.

Sounds great to me but perhaps a little late.

Plus I dont like kenwood and its about 2k

Nick why is the ice section dead at the mo?

Plus want to speak to you about the defi guages I have going in.

May have to take your phone number soon if you arent going to msn messenger yourself!

Old 25 April 2001, 07:22 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Drop us a mail, Adam.

ICE section is quite quiet at the moment, yes. But I've been off-line since Friday as we've just moved house - stressful!

Nick.