Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Sub and amp install in a 5 door

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2001, 12:52 AM
Simon Graham
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After upgrading all the speakers, head unit and adding a CD changer to my Impreza (97MY), I'm left with a sizeable sonic hole, deep down there, in the bass department.

As the luggage cover in the 5 door rattles like an old train, has anyone installed a 'hidden' sub and amp in boot area? I really don't want to go for the 'big black box in the boot' approach.

Any ideas?
Old 20 April 2001, 04:11 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I believe Patrick Herborn has installed a subwoofer in a less than adequate enclosure in place of his spare wheel. He replaced the wheel with an AA subscription and a can of tire weld.

A small box not in the tire well will be more than adequate with either eights or tens, one or two in a push pull arrangement. In a five door this will be very impressive.

I would recommend getting a cheap audiobahn amplifier for bass from audio images in bradford or there is a place in southend.

It is a great make for this kind of application, very cheap and massively powerful. there are versions small enough to fit under the passenger seat, meaning that on removal of the box for track days the system is invisible.

Hope this helps.

Mail chiark offline if you have any questions
Old 20 April 2001, 07:07 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

The place in Southend you are referring to is Pure Carma (01702) 333335 , and they can take credit card details over the phone and courier it to you , OR , you are only in Norfolk , go to the shop , it's based in West Road , Southend.

ask for Richard or Chris and tell them Nathan sent you.

Nate.

P.S. you will find their prices very competitive as they opened only 3 months ago and are getting a client base at the moment , so everything is at very good prices.