Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Pioneer DEH-P9800BT - MY05 standard Speaker problems ????

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2006, 12:17 PM
Virtual Light
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pioneer DEH-P9800BT - MY05 standard Speaker problems ????

Morning all,

Hoping someone can advise on this.

I need to know the rating of the standard speakers (front and back) fitted to the 2005 Impreze Sti UK..... here's why....

After a lot of looking around I opted for the new Pioneer BT head unit. Sounds great and has all the features I was after.

It arrived this morning and I was all set to go out and install when I spotted something in the install guide about the speakers it should be mated with..

The manual says "Speaker connected to this unit must be high-power with minimum rating of 50W and impedence of 4 to 8 ohms. Connecting speakers with output and/or impedence values other than those noted here may result in the speakers catching fire, emitting smoke or becoming damaged"......

No minimum rating was given for connected speakers on any of the web sites/forums where I have been reviewing this unit.

I know all the arguments about upgrading the speakers and fully agree that at some point I was planning to do this but can someone advise whether this means I shouldn't really continue until I upgrade the speakers..

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Old 08 July 2006, 01:25 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Standard speakers are 4 ohm 15w RMS, 30w peak so you will blow them if you turn up the volume. Pics of them here - http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showpost....1&postcount=24

Get some new ones, you'll be glad you did.
Old 08 July 2006, 09:30 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

they will still be ok to use untill you can get some uprated ones, your ears will tell you they sound wrong long before they blow, you will not automatically blow them up just because you have fitted this head unit, just dont turn it up too loud and you will be fine, if they start to distort then you have gone too far with the volume and need to re-adjust
Old 09 July 2006, 06:02 PM
Virtual Light
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks guys. All installed and working well.

I know that the speakers are no good so they will be next on the list. Got a few good deals offered by the local car audio shop so they'll be coming next...

Scott