ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Poor Reception

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2006, 12:48 PM
Restless Native
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Reception

I have a 2004 wrx and have just changed my head unit to a Pioneer DEH-P 7700MP. Great improvement on the sound, but the display is too bit bright at night, even on dimmest setting.

The main problem I have is that it refuses to tune in properly to any radio station. When I installed i simply took the antenna lead out the original head unit and plugged it into the pioneer unit.

Was this the right thing to do ?? Does the unit need an antenna adaptor ? I can't find any information on this.

Any ideas or solutions to this problem would be greatly received, thanks.
Old 19 January 2006, 06:49 PM
imprezza
Scooby Newbie

if the ariel fitted straight in to the head unit with no problems then io would say you dont need a adapter.if it was a lose fit then i would say yes you do. you can get these from any where such as halfords or any wher with a audio section.
Old 19 January 2006, 07:34 PM
picasso
Scooby Regular

had the same problem when i installed a pioneer avic x1r. i took a trip to my local ice shop who solved the problem in 10 mins.
the built in aerial requires a power supply, on the original head unit this was supplied direct. on the pioneer unit the power supply is not an integral part of the connector. you have to use one of the seperate electric aerial wires to give the required supply. this needs, on my03 sti uk, to connect to the blue (??) wire on the original wiring harness.
i would suggest you take a trip to your ice local shop just to be sure the correct wires are connected together.

good luck

rog
Old 23 January 2006, 12:13 PM
Restless Native
Scooby Newbie

Rog,

You're a star mate. Connected up the blue/white wire and now have perfect reception - simple.

Many thanks